BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Should Kharn be raised to Daemon Prince-hood?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he's the axe-wielding looney for the job

9 36.00%
  • No, more skulls needed yet.

16 64.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default A 40K Charitable appeal

Yes, its that time where we lay down our selfish thoughts and do something for those in the 40K universe who can't help themselves.

I am, of course, talking about Kharn the Betrayer. This poor, misunderstood individual manned up to Angron, was first into the palace during the assault on Terra, and still has not been allowed to die. His body lives on. Still loyal, even to the extent of cooking up a World Eater Barbecue on Skalathrax when they tried to shelter for the night, Kharn has just kept on going.

And whats been his reward? Not only has his Rage of Khorne (+D3 on the charge) gone, but his Daemonic Rune was taken away as well.

I mean, how many skulls does a man have to take?

So, I am appealing to you, to help me convince the Blood God himself, that Kharn should be given his just desserts and made a Daemon Prince!

If enough people say yes on this poll, I will write to Khorne on our joint behalfs, a missive of the highest displeasure, and let him know we won't stand for it any more.

Be generous. Everyday Kharn isn't elevated, Slaanesh has an orgy with a kitten.
    Last edited by Denzark; 07-12-2011 at 03:55 AM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I just pissed myself laughing...and burn in the warp heretic!!! you will receive no reply from your false gods, in the name of the God Emperor of Mankind I vote NO!

God Emperor forgive me! it was an accident! my finger slipped! i didn't mean to vote yes...I have been corrupted...

Librarian

Kharn: Change you can.... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Battle-Brother

after reading age of darkness where its revealed kharn is such a psychopath because he is ashamed and guiltridden for being a bloody psychopath and turning to chaos, a feeling eternally burned onto his mind by a loyalist thousand son.

because of this i dont think kharn can ever be a demon prince as his assention would deny him as a plaything to all the gods; i believe he is only kept alive as the other gods have a vested interest in him afterall khorne cares not whence the blood flows. if kharn could become a demon prince he could therefore be banished which would upset the other gods must undoubtably revel in his eternal suffering.

also looking at this from another angle perhaps kharn just doesnt want to be a daemon prince?
    abbadon has refused asscention many times because he deems himself unworthy untill he can overthrow the imperium. maybe this thought has made kharn refuse daemonhood as he doesnt really fight for khorne but fights in wild abandonhoping for a death that will never truly come.

just a couple of random thoughts...

Why would Kharn want daemonhood? He only needs 2 things out of life after all. A good fight, and a snazzy hat, preferably taken from a commissar.

Chapter-Master

Eternal warrior for a start...

Suitable reward second - how many others have taken as many skulls...

Battle-Brother

with a chaos legions codex incomming it would be cool if all worldeaters get some sort of power from pain mechanic to represent their lobotomisations working overtime causing more reckless acts of carnage
    for example...
    1 unit furious charge
    2 units rending attacks in cc
    3 units feel no pain
    and kharn should start with furious charge as hes mad

Librarian

God, I don't want to imagine Berserkers with Rending. I like the idea of a power-from-pain mechanic for them... but Rending sounds crazy.

Maybe:

1. Furious Charge
    2. Sustained Fury - Replaces Furious Charge... benefits of Furious Charge last the rest of the game
    3. Berserk Rage - Rage and FNP? Maybe Rage and Rending instead?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_maggs View Post
    with a chaos legions codex incomming it would be cool if all worldeaters get some sort of power from pain mechanic to represent their lobotomisations working overtime causing more reckless acts of carnage
    for example...
    1 unit furious charge
    2 units rending attacks in cc
    3 units feel no pain
    and kharn should start with furious charge as hes mad
    Actaully your common or garden berzerker doesn't need any more crappy pain token benefits, as these are the exclusive purview of pansy spikey emo eldar and therefore not what true warriors of the blood God would need.

A collar of khorne making him 2+inv from all psychics and force weapons would be fluffy and put those pesky I6 GREY Knights in their place however.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast