BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    I think that the best option for nids would be to give their opponent a tervigon. Even if it cant poop out easy kps, it wil be impossible to hide in cover and weaker than they well intuitively expect.
    Brilliant! Anyone who thinks other wise is a tard haha

GW told my TO that the Traitor is literally a model taken out of your 'Ard Boyz army list--not just an extra or spare-- and given to your opponent. If an opponent wants to play his game down one Tervigon as opposed to say one gaunt, I think I'd be pretty okay with that. The traitor still fits in transports, regardless of it's actual physical model.
    Last edited by Archon Charybdis; 08-06-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

A few of us at the local game store have been look at the missions, and it seems GW has updated them over the past few days. They have cleared up a few areas, but one that is still a question to us is the very first mission and that they put Infiltrate under the Special Rules for that mission.

Infiltrate falls under the Universal Special Rules and so does Counter-Attack, Eternal Warrior, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Fleet, Etc... Etc.. you get my point here. So if Infiltrate is the only one listed that my lead some A-Hole to try to say that the rest of the Universal Special Rules were not allowed unless stated by your codex or some other reason because they were not listed under the missions Special Rules.

Point being, why is Infiltrate put as a Special rule for the first mission or even mentioned anyway? Anyone have a clue or an excuse as to why they would do this?
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Chapter-Master

It has to do with deployment, not USRs. Some missions may restrict use of things like reserves and infiltration, so they list when those are allowed. It has nothing to do with, say, FNP.

Of course, I thought that was a relic of 4th ed missions.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It has to do with deployment, not USRs. Some missions may restrict use of things like reserves and infiltration, so they list when those are allowed. It has nothing to do with, say, FNP.

Of course, I thought that was a relic of 4th ed missions.
    So help me understand this. On just that mission you can Infiltrate but not the other 2. Can you Scout since it is not mentioned as a Special Rule?
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Chapter-Master

scout is not a rule that has to be announced, like infiltrate-- infiltrate, deep strike, and reserves are rules that allow you to withhold deployment when normally you would have to deploy. Whereas a unit with scouts just needs to be on the board, and in between finishing deployment and game starting, they make a free move.

Librarian

Units with scout may outflank.

Chapter-Master

Honestly, I don't get why they even list that stuff. In 4th ed, missions sometimes didn't allow reserves or the like, iirc. In 5th, though, everything is allowed by default. You don't need to state explicitly that infiltrate is allowed. You should just explicitly state if it isn't allowed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

did anyone else completely forget about nightfight on turn 6 in round 2? In fairness my opponent had no shooting by that point (Nurgle daemons) so he wasn't paying much attention either.

Note to any tournament organizers: Missions with odd or complex rules after the game starts should be mission 1, and easily remembered scenarios as mission three. For example, in this case Get Dat Git should have been mission 3 and Whoz Gots Da Motz should have been mission 1. Because Mission 1 has a weir late-game special rule, mission 2 would have VP (which are just math, if a little more complex than KPs), and mission 3 would have had nothing worse than a single character swap with an easily referenced statline and rules.
    Last edited by thecactusman17; 08-15-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Chapter-Master

I think your problem is that you play the same everyday. If you played scenarios more often, this wouldn't be an issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast