BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

How can you have pudding if you won't eat your meat!

I have a 3D test going with plaster right now. The sheet test piece above warped a little, due to the long dry time on the drywall plaster. I want to make sure a 3d structure reinforced with solid glue won't warp too badly before moving onto the real deal. I will know tomorrow!

Also forge world finally shipped my turrets. It only took 31 days to cast my order!

Slowest ship time I have ever had from them.

Chaplain

could you please put a pic up of the reavers base, am incredibly interested to see wat figures are on it, thanks

Archmbald

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by archimbald View Post
    could you please put a pic up of the reavers base, am incredibly interested to see wat figures are on it, thanks

Archmbald
    Sure, I'll unpack it in the next day or so and snap a few. But basically, it's a small unit of Forgeworld Traitor Guardsmen being pushed forward by a Renegade Enforcer. They're all standing up on the big aquila that is included in that terrain kit with the huge marine statue.

Chaplain

thanks, look forward to seeing it

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Brother-Sergeant

Turrets for the gatehouse! Of course, the bunker/tower tops will not get here until September, thankyouverymuch Quantum freaking Gothic....

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by archimbald View Post
    thanks, look forward to seeing it
    Here are some pics of the WIP base. I'm not going to finish it until I've got the titans right leg finished(currently only the left leg is done).

I'm still considering adding something else, just not sure what. I wanted to break down the statue that came in that box with the Aquila, but there wasn't really enough real estate on my base and I didn't want to go with a larger base.

Veteran-Sergeant

What a fantastic thread. I love WIP and project logs so much.

We need more pictures

Brother-Sergeant

Thank you Vman.

I'd like to take a moment(without pictures) to muse on the Hydra turrets from Forgeworld. I'm not going to vent that the barrels were bent into roughly the shape of a pretzel, because honestly they weren't.

I almost think that they need to be rebuilt and re-cast from the ground up, because the "detail" on them can hardly be called that. The turret base itself was fine, but on the autocannons themselves the detail is pretty atrocious looking. I seem to recall the cannons on my father's hydra looking way better.

IT makes me wish I had gone with third party/aftermarket quad autocannons, but I wanted the IG tanks that came with the FW kits.

Veteran-Sergeant

I cant seem to find Gatehouse Mini's online do you have a website link for them?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    I cant seem to find Gatehouse Mini's online do you have a website link for them?
    There is no gatehouse minis. Those cannons are from Forge World, and I am going to use them on the gatehouse that I am building.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast