BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Wow did you GS and sculpt all of the eagle heads or... ?

If so, you did a really really good job

Quote Originally Posted by The Custodian View Post
    Hey yall, after more than a year of not signing onto the forums i do so now with this little log :P

So first off a bit of info about the army. Im going to use the new GK rules. Regular marines just dont cut it unless they release an army completely made of honour guard, also this allows me to do two projects at once, one part the Custodes (will comprise of the PA gk's, and paladins) And a mechanicum force (dealing with the vehicles, dreads, troop termies, and dreadknights). Just be aware that while i am trying to stick to the fluff i also want this to be an effective army for playing so im making some changes as i believe appropriate. ( Librarian, hammers, ect.)The models still need allot of filing and such on the greenstuff (especially the colars)

I have yet to decide on how to base the group, but im thinking one of two options, either Ullanor (so tons of ork bits) OR the battle in the webway (deamons). The second option sounds best since it lets me use all these GK bits. Anyway now for pics!

First group of PA Custodes

Last group with 'Justicar'

Librarian

As you can see some of them are missing shoulders, those are in the mail and im waiting for them before i glue them on. The mechanicum portion of the project will start once i burn out on the custodian production... Which should be soon. (Im also waiting for the bits to come in for my knight titans :P )
    Fantastic looking models you have there Custodian. May I ask how you made the eagle heads as Fuzzbucket is hinting at GS molds? Many thanks

Chaplain

Looks fantastic. Where did you get the heads? What bitz are you using for the bodies? Honor guards?

Hey all, The eagle heads are indeed press molds. As for the bits. They are a wide combination using Blood Angel, normal Marine, and grey knight bits.

Lastly the heads are from Scibor Miniatures

I would have modeled stormbolters but I'm aiming to reflect the artwork somewhat. So bolters and bolt pistols. Besides i havnt gotten any complaints so far. The moment i say they are using grey knight rules people know what they have :P

So i wont be able to give any updates for awhile. Im leaving on Saturday to start my military career and probably wont have access to my models for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12