BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Archon is complete!

www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

mines a dark eldar army too and i really love the colour scheme but im unsure on the red fur. A grey or dark brown might have work better

but i love the grey and black! x

Veteran-Sergeant

I like it, a nice simple color sceme that is clean and crisp. Good job, and keep up the posting, it is good to see your army coming along.
    I've got Dark Eldar too. Mine is a mix group but the main army is a Wych cult called the Crimson Blade. I've posted a few pics of my guys. You paint alot faster than me though.

Scout

very nicely done army so far , can't wait to see the rest when they are done

Veteran-Sergeant

That is truly awesome!

Scout

They look great. The red really stands out. I bet they look great on the game table! BTW can i ask what color you used to highlight the black?

Default Looks great

The color scheme is great! I think black is hard to make look good on the table top and you've managed to pull it off. I love the purple flame on the archon. That purple vs the black reminds me of a Chaos force I saw years ago where the painter used black armor with purple SKIN and it looked amazing! Good work!

Thanks for the the feedback guys! It keeps me painting!

I finished building and basing my Wyches last night. Ran out of primer though so I have to make a trek to the local hobby shop tonight to pick some up.

The black is actually fairly simply. I use Adeptus Battle Grey to apply the darker highlights which if I need to I then go back and touch up with chaos black to get a nice crisp line. When those are done I do the extreme highlights with codex grey.

The reds are fairly simply too. I use P3 Skorne Red as a base, then I wash it with Devlan Mudd, and then go back and highlight with Skorne red followed by Blood Red. When that is all said and done, if I need some deep shading like on hair, or fur, I'll take my old school Brown Ink and put ever so little into cracks and crevices.

The sword on the archon is simply Deneb stone washed with Devlan Mudd followed by a deneb stone highlight.

The purple was Warlock purple highlighed up using white and then washed with leviathan purple and extreme highlighted with a warlock purple and white mix.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree with zutoniac, I think the fur would look a lot better if it was grey or brown. Other than that, a fantastic job, Colonel! ^-^

P.S. Have you considered adding some Dark Eldar runes in black on the Archon's pennant? I think it would look very striking. =)

Librarian

really nice work.

making me want to get my long languishing DE battleforce out of the drawer and built up LOL

the black and red is a great combo the skin looks awesome too, dont worry i can see it ok

just wish i could decide on an colour for mine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast