BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Eldrad can't guide twice in a turn, now--no-one can. Eldar kinda got hit with the recent FAQ.
    Actually... I believe that the Staff specifically states that he can cast the same power twice. However, this is a wargear ability, therefore he can only cast the same power twice if he is not in Close combat.

Librarian

Eldrad has rules that specifically allow him to cast the same power twice, but it is specific in how it works: first he must cast two powers, then and only then may he recast the first power or a yet-unused power. The second power may not be recast.

Eldrad can't guide twice in a turn, now--no-one can. Eldar kinda got hit with the recent FAQ.

Jetbike farseer and warlock squad might be a better call.

Wraithlords are lousy anti-tank, with guide or without it. Missile launcher warwalkers are the way to go against most stuff. Against land raiders, there's not a whole lot this foot army can bring that isn't lousy--a farseer/warlock squad can get it with witchblades or singing spears or the Wrathguard can get it with their guns, if your opponent isn't paying attention.

Actually, Swooping hawks are a reasonable call. With Haywire Grenades and Intercept, they're pretty likel to kill a land raider. They'll prolly die afterwards, but still.

I think you're proabably looking at a Jetbike Farseer with a seer council, two small squads of pathfinders, one ten-man, warlock wraithguard squad, one big squad of harlequins, one big squad of swooping hawks, and four-to-six missile launcher warwalkers.
    Actually Eldrad can double up on any power and is amazing on foot.

*Eldar are lousy anti-tank. Wraithlords are eldar. They are still a great choice for foot armies because they can serve multiple roles as guided anti heavy tanks, counterassault, and speed bump. Plus they are dead 'ard in cover at t8.

Don't need to spend 300 points on hawks to assault a land raider when you take lances on the wraithlords. Also the avatar, other than making your army fearless, has a high bs melta shot. If **** really starts hitting the fan the wraithguard can light up a land raider and take the assault from whatever comes out.

Kan Wall is like foot Orks right?

Brother-Sergeant

Jetbike farseer and warlock squad might be a better call.

Wraithlords are lousy anti-tank, with guide or without it. Missile launcher warwalkers are the way to go against most stuff. Against land raiders, there's not a whole lot this foot army can bring that isn't lousy--a farseer/warlock squad can get it with witchblades or singing spears or the Wrathguard can get it with their guns, if your opponent isn't paying attention.

Actually, Swooping hawks are a reasonable call. With Haywire Grenades and Intercept, they're pretty likel to kill a land raider. They'll prolly die afterwards, but still.

I think you're proabably looking at a Jetbike Farseer with a seer council, two small squads of pathfinders, one ten-man, warlock wraithguard squad, one big squad of harlequins, one big squad of swooping hawks, and four-to-six missile launcher warwalkers.
    Eldrad's staff specifically allows him cast two of the same powers + an additional. It is part of his wargear's effect...

Veteran-Sergeant

I run a Blood Angels DoA list. I bet you already have most of the models. For the Ard Boys I had 69 models which included:

Dante
    Sang Priest x3
    Sang Guard (chapter banner)
    Assault Squads ( 5x10 man squads)
    Vanguard Vets (10 man)

Had an assortment of meltas, plasma pistols, power weapons, storm shields, and lots of melta bombs. Did really well, fun army to play, fast list, no hiding you just have to go for it.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Chapter-Master

Having played with and against some lately, GKs are fantastic foot armies. Honestly, I think that GKs are the only army that can really pull off a top level competitive pure foot list. No other army has as many potent assault weapons to kill just about anything within a 30" range, plus all the various support elements (psyrifle dreads, Grand Master, etc) to make it really work.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123