BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Lastly, i started the magnetisation of my talos/cronos. But it wont be as well done as some examples. The vestige arms will stay on, for example.

Thats all for now!

spent a lot of today painting very slowly. I managed to get a warrior done for my squad, they take me around 2 hours each but this one seemed to take forever. As well as this, i started painting my Talos/Cronos. I paint each part separately, and realised first i had to do the spine.

then i could glue this is place on once half, and do the flesh. This is as far as i have got with it.

The other half needs to be done, then it can be glued on and the chest piece can get painted. I'm excited for this, its going to be a big project!

an update!

Im treating this more like a diary. Sorry guys. I hope at least someone is interested.

I ran into an issue - how do i change the masks on the talos/cronos for when i want a spirit syphon ? This was my solution. A tiny hole drilled into the head

then with a small amount of green stuff, attach a paperclip cutting to the inside of the mask, long enough for it to slide in and be stable

I also cut the connecting probe from the tail and tentacle parts and replaced them with a 3mm magnet. Then I drilled a hole in the pelvis of the model to green stuff 2 magnets in place to switch between tentacles and a tail

Shas'o

Cool stuff dude. Keep it up!
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chaplain

looks good

an update on the talos! Ive been pretty lazy recently, slowly painting the arms and tail for it. But here a little update on the base! I figured i wanted to do something special, as its my big project for the army so far. So i figured id have it as if its just taken down a mighty beast - and whats mightier than a carnifex? (a lot, but still..)

so i started with a magnet in the ball socket joint, angled at the angle id want the talos (this was for storage purposes)

this then attaches to the seethru plastic rod, which (when the base is finished) shall attached to the carnifex's back so it shall look like so!

some more pictures of the base:

there's a half digested space marine arm poking out the side of the carny, as if he was caught snacking by a quick rs raid

and for laughs, tentacle monster

'til next time!

hurray, this morning has seen motivation and i have already got one of the many tentacles painted!

ive now managed to get both arms and the tentacles for the cronos done, but there is still a fair amount of work to be done before this is complete!

hopefully more soon! x

Scout

nice work , especially love the cronos , it looks so nasty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast