BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

I've said it before, but the mini doesn't conform to the wargear in the codex. Don't the sculptors and game designers consult with one another? Besides lacking the pistol she ought to have, that mini is stunning! I don't see how it is possible to field just one, as she would need to have a companion (female, of course!) to share the delights of the battlefield with and afterwards.

The sslyth dude is pretty cool as well, maybe a swap here or there with some reposing and he should look cool as well. Now all we need is the Voidraven Bomber and some more SCs.

Well, she has her knife, and you would be surprised how many places a girl can hide a pistol.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

The clearer pics on the GW site make me like the Sslyth even more. Definitly going to save up and buy enough to do a 1000pt army of them. Doesnt look like they have a second head option, but I was going to use GS to vary them anyway.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

They are lovely aren't they? I've pre-ordered 6 for both my Archons courts.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    They are lovely aren't they? I've pre-ordered 6 for both my Archons courts.
    I wish I had your income

I'll probably be able to afford 14 if I save up for a good while. Figured a GK terminator list could work for the basic Sslyth's, a Sslyth "dreadknight" converted from a trygon/lizardmen bitz and an inquisitor and retinue (Sslyth and slaves) slaves could be made out of old WHF snakemen.

What skin colour are you painting yours? I find the green to be too stereotypical/generic personally, so I think I'll go with orange/Yellow/Red sort of like Corn-snakes...
    Last edited by Asymmetrical Xeno; 09-04-2011 at 01:34 AM.
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I'm not sure to be honest. My Kabal colour is a dark pink with white, I was thinking something to tie in with that, perhaps a pink with cream underbelly. Or perhaps purple with a pink underbelly.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm not sure to be honest. My Kabal colour is a dark pink with white, I was thinking something to tie in with that, perhaps a pink with cream underbelly. Or perhaps purple with a pink underbelly.
    Purple with a pink underbelly would have more contrast I think, that would look pretty sick. Perhaps white for the armour.

I agree. It also adds a nice unity to my Eldar (white with pink secondary (helmets etc)) and Dark Eldar (dark pink with white secondary) and then mercenary sllyths with purple scales, pink underbelly and white armour.

If I'm honest I'm not a fan of the Slytth. I was expectring something bigger and scraier. Not a piddly snake in a suit. May ahve to make my own ones

How big were you expecting, out of interest? I mean they are already on a 40mm base hard to see how they could be much bigger without being cramped up into some silly position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast