BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Is there a way for Chaos Space Marines to use Plasma Cannons or Multi-meltas?

I'm fairly sure the answer is no, but the illustration of the man-portable plasma cannon and multi-melta on page 82 is driving me mad.

Not by using the Chaos Space Marine codex. If one wants them, they will need to use the Sapce Marine codex for their "Chaos" army.

Battle-Brother

CSM Dreads and Obliterators can use those weapons but thats it. "Normal" CSMs of random sorts are prohibited from such guns

Chaplain

It´s just an illustration. Fluffwise it´s possible, that Renegades or even the ancient csm are jusing those guns. For rules and codex - no.

Thanks for the info! I was hoping there was a way around it, but I guess not. Still, I play in a small group, so we might just house rule them in.

Veteran-Sergeant

They could pinch em
    We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. http://derinaironhandsandmorethings.blogspot.com

For a house rule on chaos using loyalist equipment you could steal from the old 2nd ed chaos codex rule: they can buy anything from the loyalist book but pay 150% of its cost for it. This let them take landspeeders and the like but not without paying for expanding into other's territory.

Jack