BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Chaos Bikers and Mark of Nurgle

Since Chaos Bikers already are T 4/5 when given the mark of Nugle does that make them T 4/6 or what if any does it change it too. Tried to look up FAQs and could not find any relevant info.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Chaplain

I don't have the book in front of me and I will look at the FAQS but it does make them toughness 4/6. It just does not affect their instant death threshold but it does make them super tough! It's one of my favorite units in the book (although they can't hold objectives which sucks but it makes them hard to more in combat).

Edit: It's in the FAQs:

Q. With Nurgle Bikers, is the +1T from the Mark of
    Nurgle cumulative with the +1 T for riding a bike?
    A. Yes, they are T4(6)!

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1490289a_FAQ_ChaosSpaceMarines_2009.pdf[/url]
    Last edited by celestialatc; 09-13-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Man Chaos Bikers with the mark of Nugle would be a hard unit to kill!
    Record 2012 8-8-3 Blood Angels:
    "If you get close to Mephiston he will give you Death by Roo Roo!"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by A Barb View Post
    Man Chaos Bikers with the mark of Nugle would be a hard unit to kill!
    Oh yea....Like to run a bunch (I forget if you can run 12, it's been a while) but they are the ultimate tar-pit unit. And it's weird, I never see anyone play them! I also wish you could make them troops like in the SM book with their bikers or the eldar with guardian bikers.

tough to kill unless someone obliterates them with Meltaguns and Plasma Guns

Then they are just expensive dead guys.

Brother-Sergeant

Very true
    Record 2012 8-8-3 Blood Angels:
    "If you get close to Mephiston he will give you Death by Roo Roo!"

tough to kill unless someone obliterates them with Meltaguns and Plasma Guns
    you have to remember that every melta shot towards bikes is a shot away from your tanks/walkers/oblis etc..
    even if 1 shot from melta kills a biker, its a lot smaller loss pointwise, and you wont even lose capturing unit

Same goes to plasma, if you got 10 bikes, you need 10 plasmaguns (or 5 in rapid fire range) minimum to wipe 'em on 1 round. Thats a lot of special shots aswell. And plasma still "only" wounds on 3+ toughness 6..
    That many str 7 ap2 shots away from your 12 or even 13 armor, obliterators or HQs and not to mention your precious transports are fairly good tradeoff imo.. and you can even get cover saves against those if you are lucky, or your oppoenent fails to notice it..

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    you have to remember that every melta shot towards bikes is a shot away from your tanks/walkers/oblis etc..
    even if 1 shot from melta kills a biker, its a lot smaller loss pointwise, and you wont even lose capturing unit

Same goes to plasma, if you got 10 bikes, you need 10 plasmaguns (or 5 in rapid fire range) minimum to wipe 'em on 1 round. Thats a lot of special shots aswell. And plasma still "only" wounds on 3+ toughness 6..
    That many str 7 ap2 shots away from your 12 or even 13 armor, obliterators or HQs and not to mention your precious transports are fairly good tradeoff imo.. and you can even get cover saves against those if you are lucky, or your oppoenent fails to notice it..
    Yeah, far quicker and easier to lob a large S8-10 tmeplate on them and be done with it in one shot. No matter how good your deathstar unit is, there is always something else out there that can obliterate. That's why army building is about balance.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Veteran-Sergeant

So I take it they are T 4/6 with the mark of Nurgle then? Cool tactics and discussion, but just need to confirm if they do infact get the bonus.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsofDeath View Post
    So I take it they are T 4/6 with the mark of Nurgle then? Cool tactics and discussion, but just need to confirm if they do infact get the bonus.
    From my earlier post:

It's in the FAQs:

Q. With Nurgle Bikers, is the +1T from the Mark of
    Nurgle cumulative with the +1 T for riding a bike?
    A. Yes, they are T4(6)!

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...rines_2009.pdf[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast