BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ah i did consider it but im going to tweak the fluff slightly, and say this:

The reason they left firehawks is as stated, as well as the fact they were forcing marine on marine combat - something my men are going to be against. The same with the astral claws deserters. As soon as the war pushed too far (the astral claws raid on salamander ships just for gene-whatsits) they left in disgust at what had first been about politics had deterioration into the greed that the imperium shared that caused the war in the first place.

However, i realise that means my army will fall apart if ever i have to fight another spacey army so have come up with:

Over time, they became outraged they were branded deserters, claiming they never deserted the emperor they swore loyalty too and still fight in the name of. This bitterness has risen in recent years, causing them to be willing to break their oath of no marine on marine combat should a chapter try to stop them. I'm feeling it. It is fun to create a chapter! I'm thinking dark too. My dark eldar army (that needs finishing and i think might have been a phase..) i think looks okay so far! [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=16905[/url]

Adeptus Custodes

Sorry you obviously know how to paint very well

I might put it that they refused to fight other marines originally, but obviously no one wants to die, they will fight to protect themselves if the Imperium sends marines out to get them- "it was in self defence".

edit- in cases where you are clearly the attacker it can be a pre emptive strike, or a raid for supplies both motivated by despiration, or these are loyalists standing in the way of your new order
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 09-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.
    More Necromunda please.

aha, no im not very good at painting lots of detail, or skin! I just got lucky with them dark eldar. I might try a similar scheme on the spaceys. Dark reds and silver. Probably should be red - if (technically) their founding chapter is the fire hawks.

I was also trying to think of a name. Im thinking flightless something, because the aquila wings are gone:

flightless hand
    flightless blades

I dont know. Something like that

But thank you! I'm a computer games designer, so hopefully i do have a slight eye for the art side aha

Adeptus Custodes

What about Grounded? As in cannot fly, but also at the same time meaning sensible.
    More Necromunda please.

yeah thats nice! Thank you (just saw the edit)

i like the idea of over time being slightly more hostile after years of rejection. Raiding for supplies etc. Like i said before i want to use warmachine man-o-war models as terminators, to show that we dont have access to the armoury, and have to make our own

e.g this would be a thunder hammer (obviously needs converting in places to be more 40k)

[url]http://www.miniwargaming.co.uk/images/P/mow_demolition_crew_full.jpg[/url]

you reckon that could work?

and grounded, thats clever! The name will be the toughest bit i reckon.

Adeptus Custodes

It depends where you play and who against, you won't be able to use it in a GW shop. I doubt most people will care. For Gaming purposes it should be on a terminator sized base.

As for the name its best to pick something that sounds good rather than something that reflects your background exactly. Grounded might be hard to turn into something particularly war like. Just go for something that sounds good.
    More Necromunda please.

seriously, you cant use it in a gw related game just because its not the correct model? Thats insane aha. Maybe just one then, to use as my chapter leader, would that be allowed or would i just have to have a standard captain marine model and pretend?

And youre very right there

Do you know if the winged skull on the space marines bolter is an imperium symbol?

Adeptus Custodes

I suppose you could justify its retention on the basis that its a reminder of their past as hawks.
    More Necromunda please.

Iron Father

Once a successor chapter to the Blood Angels, The Knights of Blood are a renegade Space Marine Chapter.High Lords of Terra in M41 declared them Renegade . Although their frenzied warriors are dangerous to both friend and foe alike, they still (supposedly) purge the galaxy of the Imperium's enemies1.
    In 999.M41, the Knights of Blood assisted their founding Chapter in their defence of Baal against both the daemonic hordes of Ka'Bandha and the Tyranids of Hive Fleet Leviathan. Being branded as renegades, they kept their distance from the other Chapters during the battles.1b
    Sources

This is the info I found about the Renegade chapter I play. I really liked the Blood Angels codex but am not a big fan of painting red or of their fluff. Looking though their codex these guys intrigued me. I use all the BA kits etc but paint them in the metallic and red of this chapter. I like the creative freedom in painting a little known chapter allows and also on the table it's entirely plausible for my army to fight anyone, imperium, renegade or xenos are all fair game to my boys
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Adeptus Custodes

Found this its from the latest forgeworld book which includes teh Fire Hawks [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/66-67st.jpg[/url]

It has paint schemes and fluff. Its kinda hard to read but the bottom of the first column and top of the second says "the firehawks have long been notably strict adherants of the Cult Imperialis believing the Emperors divinty and the divine right of humanity to dominate the stars"
    Last edited by Grailkeeper; 09-14-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    More Necromunda please.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast