BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    Sweet Lord... are we going to have more months of pubescent Mat Ward bashing.

If you're that much better, I suggest you send your drafts to GW.

Get over yourselves.
    necrons have taken over a few more worlds blah blah blah

have nice big necron battle story about cadia

expand on backstory and void dragon

section on how necrons are becoming more crazy/ individuial
    ----------------------------

flippin heck even if the guys collection was a inquisitor and a chaos marine, or even a chaos lord or marine captain. but a primarch and one of the greatest imperial heroes? thors head would be guarded so well that a full scale invasion of most of the segmentum solar would have to be invaded to even get close!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    thors head would be guarded so well that a full scale invasion of most of the segmentum solar would have to be invaded to even get close!
    "A Wizard Did It!"
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Librarian

Off topic
    Actually I disliked that Guinevere was portrayed by a black actress not because it wasn't realistic (as you say, who cares, it is fantasy), but because if the BBC retold an African myth central to one of their cultures histories with a white actress playing the traditionally black heroine there would be outrage. From white intellectuals only, though. Really off topic though, sorry.
    : Well, that's the cultural legacy of enslaving an entire race of people for you, then treating them like second-class citizens for no good reason for many hundreds of years. I like "Merlin" because it means Richard Wilson still gets work, and because I remember the dark, dark days of the 1990's when all we had on was "Quantum Leap" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation" *brrr*. I don't want to go back to that - two speculative fiction shows is not enough. Especially now I have "Fringe"...

On topic:
    @Malton: Dude, your anti, anti-Ward rant--when taken in consideration of your impassioned anti-GW-due-to-their-raving-sexism "Open Letter to GW" thread a few months back makes you look more than just a tad hypocritical. For those too new, or who may have forgotten, it's located here: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.ne...ad.php?t=11549[/url]
    I suppose so. Assuming endlessly bashing an individual person the same as bashing an artistic direction. Which I don't think it is, but then, there we are. All I really want is human female miniatures that aren't done like this:

Which I'm never, ever going to get from GW. Which makes me sad, because Infinity Miniatures are too expensive and metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    "A Wizard Did It!"
    best answer... ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    "A Wizard Did It!"
    That Simpson episode was just on =)

I didn't like GK and SoB fluff, but I must say I'm liking the new Necron fluff. Certainly a step forward from "we want to devour the galaxy, like the Tyranids".

Chaplain

Well, I got to say I do like the new Necron Fluff. The ideas and concept bring charector to an otherwise dull army. I liked the Necrons before and I think this is a good change. I'm very intrested in whats going to be in the codex.
    My only problem so far is the Flayed Ones. Ehhh, I 2. These guys need something like a weapons upgrade, rending, I 4 at least. They just seem to lacking for a close combat unit. It be ok if they where troops I guess, but I think they are still elite.
    "I have seen what you will see. I have fought what you must fight, and I have slain what you must slay...." Commander Dante

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Pfff. Amateur hour. George Lucas has spent a mid-size nation's GDP to antagonize a fanbase fifty times the size of 40K's, and he's been doing it for over a decade. Ward doesn't even rate.
    Quoted For Truth.

Battle-Brother

I will just say this one real fast, some players actually play the game for it's fluff and others play it for the competitive nature. There will be no true happy medium met from either side, so how about you pick up a real novel read it and then go roll some dice then argue over the rule set. Sounds like a solid Nerd afternoon.

Librarian

Hmm. I seem to have been repressed. Explain please mods.

How exactly is poking fun at people moaning about fluff they haven't read not relevant? Which board rules did I break?
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast