BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Tau and Chaos Rumors

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321653"]via Warseer's Ghost21[/URL]

Regarding Tau:

...the demmiurg are there as are a bizzare race, the vespid get 2 slots, and the kroot get an aditional

...well if you insist, 1 hq 1 troop and possibly 1 other unit

...the preliminary rules make demiurg equal to banshees in combat?... without the scream thing though

...ok one more the demiurg ancients , think of them as cranky old wise men who saw the imperium in its infancy they had seen the eldar come n go, n thought it was another decadent empire... though they normally take hundreds of years to make a decision... the tau have something special the demiurg like
    Regarding Chaos:

...the first thing i have to say is that there are 2 chaos books planed
    one more renagade based the other legion based the legion one will be that, dudes who are 10000 years old kicking *** n taking names

there "may" be a inquisitor who's gone bad but really expect new guys in the renegade one. its lost and the damned influenced... but it has other options....

..."Chaos Legions as an uber-elite army, probably comparable to Grey Knights in that regard?" - YES

"and a second book that deals with Chaos Renegades, that includes Chaos Guard, or might even focus on non-marine chaos?" - YES

...little horus?.... you could be onto something
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Captain

I like the sound of more races in more slots in the Tau book. Very much.
    I've always wanted my Tau army to be a 'multicultural' force of sorts. I hope Gue'ves'a or however it's spelled...human auxiliaries...become part of the main book.

As for those Chaos rumours? -YES-
    I'm sitting on sooo many awesome bitz and customization pieces for Thousand sons, and I can't wait to have a real army to put all of it towards.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Brother-Captain

I love the idea of the demi-urg going: 'These whipper-snappers are alright'.

Chapter-Master

Love the Chaos stuff, even without being a Chaos player

Remeber IA12 (the Morros Incident) will feature Penal guard and traitor Guard again...maybe a good tie in to non-marine chaos?

As for Tau I want more awesome Tau stuff, not just other races. I want new suits and stuff, not just more aliens tagging along
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I will have to get my Wordbearers out of storage!

This seems like a great chance to make legendary bloodpact available with the lead of Urlock Gaur to create one of the most notable non-chaos space marine force terrororising imperium.

This could bring on many new type of units and weapons, not yet seen in 40k TT, spidery legged tanks, new type of energy weapons (atleast in name, but why not for stats/special rules aswell)

And bring new settings / missions for one of the most notable crusades on 41st millenium: The sabbat worlds crusade.

And ofcourse, if all the rumors of chaos legions invasion with the help of renegades would be the backbone of 6th ed, this would also bring on many many new cool missions/storylines to venture

As for the Tau.. not too fancy for them in general, although happy that a friend in our gaming circle gets an updated dex'.. yet ofcourse, its always nice to see the fluff evoleve -> new races and backrounds always good..

..."Chaos Legions as an uber-elite army, probably comparable to Grey Knights in that regard?"
    This is something that i do not understand though.. the comparison i mean.. I've never understood how GK's are regarded as an 'uber-elite army'.. Statlines being pure marine line it cant be that. They do get some fancy toys ok, but in exchance they give up stuff that other 'marines' get.. And if you play it by the model count, then if you dont take draigo and full load of paladins, i can't see how you can be that much lower on modelcount than your average marine army

Yet i would like to see legions described as scary as they ought to be.
    Stat / rules wise something like:
    - ws5 bs5 (from 10k years of training and warfare over the normal marines)
    - s4 t4 (modified by legions allegiance)
    - w1-2 (we are talking about lunatics who know how to take a hit, otherwise FNP(maybe downgraded), but somehow it feels its reserved for deathguard)
    - i5 (if you can't get your reflexes and knowledge of melee up in 10 000years of training and experience, then you are just doing it wrong)
    - Number of base attacks depends fully on the allegiance for the god they have pledged themselves to and the wargear they are given that might add attacks (to represent their dedication to matter).
    - LD 10, fearless, something akin to atsknf to let them regroup as they like
    - Sv 3+ from PA, hard to justify better or worse.

Special rules: Furious charge, legion version of atsknf, prefered enemy: imperial (yes, all of em), possibly fnp(6+), hatred: imperial (a bit like rage, i think there is a special rule for this type of behavior, but cant remember it right now)..

Problem with making legion as terrifying as is their right to be, is that gameplay wise each model would have to be pretty high priced (only by stats and rules would bring them rather high, not to mention with all the wargear). AND on the other hand, it is called A Legion for a reason, and hence there were the need and urge to break down the loyal legions into smaller chapters. But i think its generally agreeable that A Legion Astartes with 10-20models in a 2kpoint game ~kinda doesn't feel like a legion it should be

That is one of the most exciting aspects i am waiting from 40k, how will they come up with a reasonable, elite, true to the fluff interpretion of the most terrifyin foe in the whole 40k universe: The Legion of Chaos Astartes

Chapter-Master

What I don't want to see happen to the Tau is become a the "army made of races" if Necrons are now the shooty army that dies in CC.

I've already got 2 armies than need Synergy to work, please don't make Tau a third...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    What I don't want to see happen to the Tau is become a the "army made of races" if Necrons are now the shooty army that dies in CC.

I've already got 2 armies than need Synergy to work, please don't make Tau a third...
    I think that's pretty much inevitable. It forces new sales (army not competitive in the new ruleset w/o lots of new models) and it also fits with the Tau multi-cultural Greater Good philosophy. And if we FINALLY get a decent Gue'vasa treatment then I will cheerfully start buying IG. If it isn't in the new Tau Codex then I will start praying for a separate treatment for the Farsight Enclaves like the Sisters of Battle got. I understand there won't be a separate book, but I think an issue or two of WD could be easily justified.

Oh, and PLEASE let the current Forgeworld suits become GW standard items? I'll never be able to convince the Ministress ( is that right? ::grin:: All Respect to the Wife... ) of Finance to let me buy them otherwise...

Shas'o

Well the chaos stuff seems cool but I don't care for the rumors about the Tau at all. My Tau army is racially pure and I definitely wont have any stupid *** space dwarfs since I loathe the concept.

But still it's hard to be cranky when both of my armies are due for an update.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Brother-Captain

Hooray for non-Marine Chaos armies! I also like the idea of making the Chaos Legions super-elite like Grey Knights. It will finally make them as hellishly scary as they are in the fluff, as opposed to Marines with different symbols on them, which is basically what they are now.

As for the Tau rumors, I like the addition of more Kroot and Vespid units. Hopefully, the Vespids will get a unit that's actually useful. The current Stingwings have such a crappy gun that it's no wonder no one uses them.

I'm not sure about Demiurg. I liked the Squats, but their new incarnation sounds... I don't know. I'll wait and see.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast