BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lemt View Post
    Sorry, I missed that section in page 27 of the Dark Angels codex. I'll blame it on the rule being split into 4 differents part of the codex.
    So yes, DA Land Speeders are scoring.

Still, you should see that's different from what it says on the Grey Knights codex. The DA version says "they are scoring." The GK version says "they can claim objectives as if they were troops." The first is a rule that overrides the normal rules for troops scoring. The second tells you to follow the normal rules for troops scoring, but allows non-troops to "count as" troops.
    That's how I think you're twisting the rule. But please, no need for angry faces. I'm sort of like a bull, and I hate red.

EDIT: Almost forgot, and completely unrelated. I added two more "combos" to the review.
    sorry for the snippy remark but i don't cheat or bend rules to my favor so i was a little offended.
    im glad you took the time to look up the DA codex rule. most people would just blindly argue.
    back to the GK rule.
    i believe from the few notes i jotted down the other day at the game store. under grand strategy rule it says D3 infantry, jump infantry, monstorus creatures,and WALKERS in your army.
    one of 4 choises they all benefit from that one choise
    A. reroll failed wounds of 1's
    B. counter-attack
    C. scouting
    D. claim objectives AS IF they were troops.
    im not 100% if it sayes scoring there anywhere.
    if i can't claim objectives with walkers. why would it give me the choise to?
    in 5th it says only troop choises can Score or Claim Objectives. Right?
    yes it does go on to say that vehicals cant score. but the Gk codex overides the BRB by giving the Walkers the option to Claim objectives. do you see where im coming from?
    Codex trumps BRB i even gave an example in an earler post. im not trying to cheat im following the logic. it could and should be better explained in the rules i agree.
    Edit BRB page 90 quote" an army's scoring units come from its TROOPS allowance. the presence of other units may deny an objective to the enemy, but only TROOPS can control it. there are a few exceptions, however, when a unit of TROOPS does not count as scoring:
    if its a vehicle. if its a swarm. if it has a special rule"
    the key word TROOPS. this means TROOP VEHICLES can not score but the GK master never makes them troops so the vehicles cant score claus doesn't apply here only the claim objective part applies.
    Last edited by dethangel; 03-28-2011 at 01:23 PM.

I'd say they wrote it that way just so it would be shorter. The way it's written, it would allow you to give walkers A, B and C, but they don't need to specify they can't claim objectives.
    Then again, GW tend to write unclear rules, so I'll say what I always say: let's wait for the FAQ/Errata. As an example, the FAQ/Errata for the Tyranid codex says Shadow in the Warp doesn't work on embarked units, something not hinted at in the rules anywhere, and I'd say a change from the previous edition.

Librarian

codex trumps BRB? SWEET! my warboss can has LD31 thanks to mob rule...

Walkers can score as if they were troops, if you give D3 units that ability. That makes sense. Even though the 41st Millennium isn't known for it's common sense, i think it's pretty clear here. Since that rule gives walkers the ability to score, which adds/overrides their current rules, That means your giving a unit the ability to score when they did not have the ability, to score, before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    codex trumps BRB? SWEET! my warboss can has LD31 thanks to mob rule...
    RAW, yes, you could say so. Enter the Errata/FAQ. There it specifies Orks can't go over Ld10.

Default noob at work

Hi Everyone

regarding the Lord Draigo and his 10 strength, because i am VERY new is anyone able to explain to me

why is that good at deamons?

i have linked stats for chaos deamon Bloodthirster

Bloodthirster

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    Bloodthirster 10 4 7 6 4 5 5 10 4+

and you compare that to Lord draigo

Lord Kaldor Draigo

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    Lord Kaldor Draigo 7 6 5 5 4 5 4 10 2+

can anyone explain with these stats how lord draigo can beat blood thirster?

repeat i am still new so pardon my question if you guys find it stupid

cheers

Librarian

It's not the stats really, it's his weaponry. Because Draigo carries the Titansword (a Nemesis Force Sword) he only has to score one wound on the Bloodthirster to have a chance of killing it outright. Because the Bloodthirster is a Daemon, Draigo will wound it on a 2+. In addition, because the Titansword has the Daemonbane rule, if the Bloodthirster does suffer an unsaved wound from Draigo but is not killed outright it has to pass a LD test at the end of the Assault phase. If it fails, it's removed.

By the way, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

thanks for that Hive Mind

much apreciate your reply

just one more question you were saying 2+ to wound that stat is only applies to deamons and pyskers

is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Mind View Post
    It's not the stats really, it's his weaponry. Because Draigo carries the Titansword (a Nemesis Force Sword) he only has to score one wound on the Bloodthirster to have a chance of killing it outright. Because the Bloodthirster is a Daemon, Draigo will wound it on a 2+. In addition, because the Titansword has the Daemonbane rule, if the Bloodthirster does suffer an unsaved wound from Draigo but is not killed outright it has to pass a LD test at the end of the Assault phase. If it fails, it's removed.

By the way, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    Also worth noting: Titansword isn't a Nemesis Force Sword, it's just a force weapon (that's mastercrafted and has Daemonbane and that strength 10 thing).

Still, not a Nemesis weapon, which is important because it means he doesn't have a 2+ invulnerable in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Also worth noting: Titansword isn't a Nemesis Force Sword, it's just a force weapon (that's mastercrafted and has Daemonbane and that strength 10 thing).

Still, not a Nemesis weapon, which is important because it means he doesn't have a 2+ invulnerable in combat.
    Very True, but he does have the 3+ Storm Shield so yeah still a total Bada$$
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by jason84 View Post
    thanks for that Hive Mind

much apreciate your reply

just one more question you were saying 2+ to wound that stat is only applies to deamons and pyskers

is that correct?
    The Titansword strikes at S10 against Daemons, Psykers and units that contain either a Daemon or a Psyker so usually it would be wounding on a 2+, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post

Noted.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast