BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disabled Genestealer

Seriously... What's going on with the 5-limbed Genestealer climbing over Terminator armour and holding a Terminator helmet? It's like looking at an Escher painting!

Chaplain

I hadn't noticed. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Perhaps the termy that it shredded ripped off his arm?
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it is the Space Hulk Genestealers seem to only have three arms.

IIRC, it's not just one of the models- it's all of the Space Hulk Genestealer models, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
    Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it is the Space Hulk Genestealers seem to only have three arms.

IIRC, it's not just one of the models- it's all of the Space Hulk Genestealer models, is it not?
    No; most of them have the full number of arms. It's only a couple that are missing them.

actually its jsut one "clone-type" that is missing an arm. many only have 5 extremities but thats because the model fused arm and leg or two arms.

but the initally mentioned stealer only has 3 arms. I'm going with the termie-incident explanation ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    but the initally mentioned stealer only has 3 arms. I'm going with the termie-incident explanation ^^
    I'm going to model an extra arm on to both of mine - probably taken from a regular genestealer sprue.

Scout

Prehaps those stealers are the last 5 "out of the vat" so to speak and they were running low on DNA soup for the extra arm.

The 3-armed genestealers are busting out of the floor so I can understand the lack of arms/legs for that model. However, the 5-limbed 'stealer is an abomination, an escher style model as was previously mentioned. It's kinda funny because it's prominently displayed in White Dwarf as a show of how well done the new sculpts are. Hasn't anyone told them that 4 of the 'stealers in the box are missing a limb? How did this escape anyone/everyone at GW/Citadel?

Not that it will make any difference to me, I'll still play the hell out of this game!

MZ

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterZero View Post
    Not that it will make any difference to me, I'll still play the hell out of this game!
    Same here. I'll only add the extra arms as a modeling project. And funnily enough, the 5-limbed stealers are actually my favourite poses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast