BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Female Necrons for the gynecomorphous fey of space

A while back a certain someone who shall remain unnamed, but far from anonymous, made idle mention of interest in painting a womanly shaped Necron lord. Well, not long ago, I saw this:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnnnKIJcibg[/url]

Also from the Infinity game, there's the Aleph (AI's). I have been sorely tempted to buy the starter kit for the Aleph for quite some time. I have no interest at all in the game, and I find the majority of the figures somewhat boring, but I really want to paint this figure ([url]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IrHgEUsVBBs/Tf0aqk-gbmI/AAAAAAAAAwY/PdoCIKDIcls/s1600/aleph2.jpgp[/url]). I've just not been able to justify the purchase up to this point.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Ooh, some head swaps and some greenstuffing and I could make a decent looking Necron lord out of those. Probably not the second link though, maybe a female flayed one? Actually ew.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Deceiver: "I'm bored... heheh, it would be pretty funny if I put boobs on the robot legions."

And thus did the Necrons turn upon the C'tan.

Librarian

I hadn't considered using Aleph models, and I've been looking for an excuse to get some.

Hmm...

Ah the Aleph. Good call. I've been looking for some good fem bots to represent female lords and cryptek as well. My own limited searches have turned up suprsingly little.

Anyone got any other good sites to hunt for minis to convert for that? Maybe a place to pick up Egyptian bling?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    ...maybe a female flayed one? Actually ew.
    Heh. You must have seen my post from elsewhere. I've been considering some chaos (Slaanesh) flayed ones, based somewhat on that Aleph I posted, but also on [url=http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/ghostshell02.jpg]>>this<<[/url] and [url=http://meuploads.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/GhostInTheShell-1285491199_1680x1050_ghost-in-the-shell.jpg]>>this<<[/url]. Instead of power cabling and input feeds going into her back, however, there'd be whips tipped with razors and scythes coming out of it.

Last edited by Necron2.0; 11-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm toying with the idea of trying to sculpt something. A more feminine skeletal torso from scratch, a bit of knifework on the plastic warrior's hips to get an hourglass shape, and a pair of dainty (possibly heeled) feet ought to do it. I'll be sure to post pics if it ever goes beyond the drawing board. Or onto the drawing board.

Chapter-Master

I have always viewed the Necrons as gender neutral (just like the Tau).

Robots don't need boobies.

While it's true that robots don't need boobs the necrons were once the necrontyr. Those lords and cryptek that were female would still identify as such and would probably want forms that match. We have no immagry of the necrontyr though so it makes it somewhat difficult.

The idea of a necron queen is cool to me. Maybe someone based of off Cleopatra? I know I want my overlord to have a daughter who he favors over his sons bit who has no interest in rule much to his annoyance.

Veteran-Sergeant

Need? NEED?

Do 8 foot tall genetically engineered warrior poets with acid spittle and two hearts that stomp around in powered armor NEED handheld anti-personnel gyrojet missile launchers and weaponized chainsaws?

40k is not about NEED, my friend. It's about EXCESS! And what's more excessive than ancient undead robots with adamantine mammaries?

Edit to add: See also; Sanguinary Guard chest piece. I rest my case.
    Last edited by Luke Licens; 11-09-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast