Rune Priest
    Living Lightning/Jaws of the World Wolf/Wolf Tooth Necklace
    110 pts.

Wolf Priest
    Wolf tail talisman
    105 pts.

Elites
    Wolf Guard Pack (3)
    Wolf Guard: Power Fist/Combi-melta (Grey Hunters Pack 1)
    Wolf Guard: Power Fist/Combi-melta (Grey Hunters Pack 2)
    Wolf Guard: Frost Blade/Melta bombs (Blood Claws Pack)
    129 pts.

Wolf Scouts (5)
    Wolf Scout: Meltagun
    85 pts.

Troop
    Grey Hunters Pack (8)
    Grey Hunter: Wolf Standard
    Grey Hunter: Plasma Gun
    Grey Hunter: Mark of the Wulfen
    155 pts.
    {Drop Pod}
    35 pts.
    190 pts.

Grey Hunters Pack (9)
    Grey Hunter: Wolf Standard
    Grey Hunter: Meltagun
    Grey Hunter: Mark of the Wulfen
    165 pts.
    {Drop Pod}
    35 pts.
    200 pts.

Grey Hunters Pack (6)
    Grey Hunter: Plasma Gun
    90 pts.
    {Razorback}
    40 pts.
    140 pts.

Blood Claws Pack (10)
    150 pts.

Heavy Support
    Long Fangs Pack (5)
    Squad Leader
    Long Fang: Missile Launcher
    Long Fang: Missile Launcher
    Long Fang: Plasma Cannon
    Long Fang: Lascannon
    140 pts.

Land Raider Redeemer
    Multi-Melta
    250 pts.

Total 1499 pts.

The list is suppose to be an all comers army for a tournament I am going to be doing for a few weeks. The idea is to have the Drop Pod with the Meltagun Grey Hunters come in in the middle of the enemy to disrupt them along with the Scouts.

The other Drop Podding Grey Hunters will have the Rune Priest with them an the idea is to have them come in second turn on an object or to help disrupt, depending....

The Long Fangs will obviously sit back and the Grey Hunters in the Razorback will be basically in reserve to help out where needed or defiantly control an object/pop heavy armor with the twin-linked lascannon. The Blood Claws will role in the Redeemer and just bum rush up to unload.

Also, this list is also kind of prepping for a 2000 pt list to include Thunderwolves, a dreadnought drop podding and Wolf Guard drop podding...obviously some things will have to be taken out for that to work but that is the idea.

Thanks for the input!

Veteran-Sergeant

hey,I run a list kinda like this. One thing i see is take out the razorback squad. Give the long fangs two different weapons or one similar weapon, not three weapons and give them a razorback with lascannon. Give your land raider extra armour. take out the one rune priest and add a wolf priest to the blood claws.

Battle-Brother

I already have a Wolf Priest for the Blood Claws. As for taking out the Rune Priest I am slightly in favor of him. I understand all his pluses, especially for Space Wolves, but I just recently started rolling with him and I'm just not really feeling it. As for taking out the Razorback Grey Hunter squad I have thought about that as well. I defiantly like having the Razorback with the twin-linked lascannon rolling around, but I like the fact of having the extra Grey Hunters for those close objectives and/or intimidation. If, I took both of those out I would probabaly replace the points taken out with a dreadnought in a drop pod, an additional Grey Hunter to make up for the space lost in the Drop Pod/Grey Hunter squad he was going to role with and that would still leave me with 45 points.

I like the idea of beefing my Wolf Scouts up, giving them a Wolf Scout with the Mark of the Wulfen, is defiantly a scary thing popping up behind u...that would be 30 pts, leaving me 10. Wolf Tooth Necklace for the Wolf Priest?

I'm not a huge fan of Blood Claws/Wolf Priest thing. I've tried it before and I always find myself wanting more Grey Hunters. If I were you I'd get another squad of hunters instead of the claws and swap out the wolf priest for a rune priest. Especially in 1500 you shouldn't need too much counter-assault (land raider is overkill) I'd replace it with 1-2 vindicators and/or 1-2 long fangs packs to taste.

Just my thoughts, good luck!
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

sorry, i thought you had two rune priest. I would take hunters not blood claws, as would blackarmchair. I on the other hand love a landraider at 1500. I also never seen the wolf guard worth it. I take full packs of hunters. with that and the razorback squad gone you can take another long fangs i bet. There is a reason long fangs are hated on so much so use them and lots of them too.

Chapter-Master

The tactic which I always refer to as 'The Bloodclaws' wet dream', is the Wolf Priest, with 14 and a Wolf Guard, in a LR Crusader. With Wolf Priest Preferred enemy you can get 75% of hits, at 4 attacks - can be massive. It peters out in effectiveness should you use a smaller squad.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

+1 on blackarmchair and reveric. lose claws, more hunters. i like the redeemer even though it is expensive. id lose the pods and put your squads in rhinos that way you can put your squads where you want WHEN you want them and not praying for a reserve roll. i tried the drop pod army it isnt reliable

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Brother Hellstrom View Post
    id lose the pods and put your squads in rhinos that way you can put your squads where you want WHEN you want them and not praying for a reserve roll. i tried the drop pod army it isnt reliable
    Take pods doesnt mean it is a pod list, now more than three pods and it is a pod list to me or you only have pods.

I love pods personally, Wolves do great in them because of counter-attack. Pods add that element of surprise that can throw a person off and getting a pod on turn one adds the ability to pop a landraider, grab a empty objective way off from the rest of the battle, and even drop on your objective. Rhinos in my mind are a rolling coffin.

Also, reserve rolls are not that hard to make after turn 2 and to be honest who wants to have the pod come in on turn 2. I would rather see it later so that my enemy is not really worried about it till it is in play and it is to late like turn 4 or 5.

Just to be clear. The LRR is a thing of beauty, nothing against it. Anything AP3 or better is GOLD in a wolves army. I'm just not convinced 1500 is the best place for one.
    See my blog @ http://perilsoftheblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmchair View Post
    Just to be clear. The LRR is a thing of beauty, nothing against it. Anything AP3 or better is GOLD in a wolves army. I'm just not convinced 1500 is the best place for one.
    I personally think a land raider is great at 1500 because ppl don't have the points to bring much in the way of heavy tank busting other than meltas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast