BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Agreed, the rules in the codex say it is a weapon that can be fired 4 times rather than being 4 one shot missiles like the dark eldar flyers and storm raven.

Brother-Captain

It hasn't been FAQ's because there is no need for it.

Its 1 weapon, not 4, one use weapons.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the 'rules' players will make up.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Battle-Brother

I'd also say that the manticore only has 1 weapon with 4 Shots not the other way round.
    Unfortunately I don't have anything to prove my point, only logic to back it up.
    A "weapon destroyed" results in the Rack which holds the missiles to break thus rendering all remaining missiles unusable.

Using the DE Flyers as an example is like comparing apples to bananas as in case of the flyers you buy/exchange (up to) 4 seperate Missiles. And the Storm Raven has 4 One-Shot Blood Missiles not 1 Blood Missile that can shoot 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17
    they can even be removed individually
    I've built my Razorback with exchangeable Turret Weapons resulting in me being able to remove a single weapon (barrel) individually.
    Can I than use a "weapon destroyed" to reduce my twin-linked Lascannon to be just a lascannon by removing a single barrel?
    No, I can't! Bad point!
    Last edited by yrdetraxe; 12-06-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Brother-Captain

that's where you pay the silly points for the pintle mount, the hull mount and the HK for the manticore and give it three more weapons to lose....

Librarian

OK, clearly I misunderstood the problem with the question. I went and read a Codex IG a few moments ago.

So let me see if I can clarify this: There is only one weapon system for the vehicle, and it's not even a weapon, it's just the accumulated ammo stockpile. That stockpile is called "Storm Eagle Rockets" and those rockets are used a maximum of 4 times during the game. The questions arise because Limited Ammunition as a rule has some awkward things going for it, particularly that it does not directly reference Storm Eagle Rockets, just the vehicle itself. Further, it's worth noting that because of this, there is an argument to be made that after firing a fourth rocket, the weapon cannot shoot AT ALL in following turns regardless of additional armament.

The question is REALLY "are Storm Eagle Rockets a weapon at all for the purposes of Weapon Destroyed," because the wording is a little awkward. To that I'd personally say yes, but it's worth noting that the wording is left a little ambiguous between the difference of available shots and what's firing them.

Finally, people need to lay the heck off and calm down. I answered the question based on the wording I heard in this thread and previous similar questions I've heard about this vehicle, and pointed out that this is how all the other "multi shot limited ammo" weapons work in the game.

@ thecactusman17 - "People need to lay the heck off and calm down" doesn't seem related to any effort on your part to answer the question at hand; perhaps you have confused taking devil's advocate positions with something desired by others?

The Storm Eagle Rockets are a single weapon with limited ammunition, and unrelated to the rockets on flyers. Read the vehicle description - it doesn't say "Storm Eagle Rockets (x4)", which would give some credibility to the multiple weapons claim, it simply lists the weapon once, because it is one weapon for game purposes.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12