BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default The Breaking Of The Seven Seals

So, as I'm sure you know, every religion on the face of the planet seems to have an End of The World scenario built into it somewhere. Often, they are prefigured by signs and portents.

This year, I suspect I have seen some of them; signs that humanity is doomed, and that there is no escape from our inevitable demise at the hands of a cruel and capricious universe.

The first of these, I observed in October. I randomly switched to channel 20 after a particularly good episode of Doctor Who, and was rewarded with the atrocity that is "Hair Battle Spectacular". I have no idea what was going through the mind of its creators, but it is, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the signs that humanity simply does not deserve to go on.

Then, today, driving home on icy roads through a darkening world, on my radio I hear... [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkWo2srE7nY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkWo2srE7nY[/URL]

WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Ahem.

Needless to say, we're all doomed, and nothing can be done to save us.

First-Captain

Sorry Leona (or however you spell it...)

"Hurt" was yoinked by Johnny Cash.

His cover proved he owned that song. Trent probably wept tears knowing his creation now belonged to another.

After The Man In Black's rendition, nobody even wants to listen to the original--Even Trent

Some pop hack?

Puhlease--go get more Botox done or something, lady. No one's really listening.

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post

Trent probably wept tears knowing his creation now belonged to another.

actually Trent loved Cash's version and said he never knew he wrote the song for the Man in Black
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    actually Trent loved Cash's version and said he never knew he wrote the song for the Man in Black
    I was aware of that. I was shooting for this thing called "humor." I may have missed the target summat.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    I was aware of that. I was shooting for this thing called "humor." I may have missed the target summat.
    It's probably because you're spelling humour wrong that we missed it lol,

but more importantly this should be considered a crime against humanity,
    maybe someone should take her outside and shoot her in front of her family?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Verilance View Post
    Agreed. Johnny Cash MADE that song...
    Just like Hendrix MADE 'all along the watchtower'

And like alanis morrset...oh wait, never mind...
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Librarian

Actually, while I generally dislike Alanis Morisette, I do like her cover of "My Humps" for being probably quite frankly hilarious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYfVCH2UA[/url]

And the best version of "All Along The Watchtower" is the Bear MacCreary version IMO.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1__dINxiXU[/url]

But then, Battlestar is the greatest sci-fi show for adults bar none, and Starbuck is why I want female Space Marines dammit!