BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Thinking about it this afternoon, the movement changes are by far the stand out game changers if this is real.

Most Eldar on foot will be able to outrun a rhino everytime... mull that over for a second.
    Last edited by Latro_; 01-11-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Titans sounds tres iffy, they already unbalance apocalypse quite a lot.

On the other hand will make army building faster. My new 2,000 point army, 2 warhound titans, one draigo and a couple of paladins

Hit stationery vehicles on a 2+? Looks like the sponsons will be coming off the Lemans again.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Kenaris View Post
    Hit stationery vehicles on a 2+? Looks like the sponsons will be coming off the Lemans again.
    Even with the -1 on the damage chart and multiple targeting?

http://steam-poweredgamer.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I've played tournements with titans (was 2,000 points, normal FOC, normal missions but including one superheavy/gargant

They unbalence games beyond all reasonable doubt. If they allow Titans in 40k I will refuse to play them.

I'm still refusing to read it but can someone just explain some of the points? How bad is it?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

But you can move and fire Russ sponsons...

In the leaked book seemingly you have it better as a russ because:

1. new rules they have lumbering (this only lets you move 6" but you ignore all movement restrictions)
    2. new rules have something called multi-tracking(x), tanks are multi tracking(3) lets you fire 3 shots. IF you do not move you can DOUBLE this.

I take that to mean leaman russes can move 6" and fire 6 times! (since they ignore movement special rules) (not the same weapon twice thou ) HOWEVER, it says you can sacrifice 'shots' to target multiple units and a shot is defined by the multi tracking so I also take that to mean you can sacrifice 2 of ya 6 = 4, fire the lascannon at x the heavy bolters and y, the battle cannon at z lol

Keep the sponsons on there dear boy, keep them on.

This is all speculation ofc though, i doubt the doc that was leaked is 60-70% the same as the final version.
    Last edited by Latro_; 01-11-2012 at 01:30 PM.

GW has been tightening up their security on rumors and leaks due to the impending Hobbit franchise. However this could be a legit leak to distract the gaming community from Hobbit related game info.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

My opinion is that this is probably legit, it's not the final version, but the final version won't be very different. I've done work similar to this before, and I don't think most people realize just how much work these leaked documents represent. It's pretty massive. That said, it's also clearly not finished. It obviously needs more time with an editor, and there's still room for tweaking and balance changing. Since this is a document from May, they can probably squeeze in another six months of tweaks and changes. But don't fool yourself into thinking this means there'll be huge, drastic changes before release - all the rules look too tightly integrated for that. Changes that happen are going to be mostly at the edges of the system - special rules, some numbers, and maybe things like objectives and such. The system of movement, commands, turn order, and the rest of the core can probably be expected to stick. Changing any of those would pretty much invalidate all the work done up to the point that the document was written.

Chapter-Master

You wont need to since all tanks have Multi targetting 2 at least.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I'm still refusing to read it but can someone just explain some of the points? How bad is it?
    Its actually brilliant IMO.

No longer are models afflicted with "ambiguous" abilities... they all have a action type thats very explicit in what can be done and what cannot be done.

The titan thing is superfluous as the unit entries for titans aren't actually going to be in codexes. They'll still be in supplemental books which require a specific type of player consent. There's also a section in the rulebook called "ruleset". So I wouldn't worry about titans showing up in regular games of 40k. I think what they're trying to do is to unify the rules under a single book so you don't have inconsistencies between an Apoc rulebook and a core rulebook.

In this I agree with them.

To me the biggest boon of this is the covering fire rule - which quite simply is the most awesome thing ever implemented in a table top wargame.

Ok maybe thats a stretch. But it is pretty cool.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast