BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Heh. So ... so, the only retinues that exist in 5th edition are those found exclusively in 4th edition codices, eh? Some here are actually attempting to claim that, with a straight face, and expect everyone to take them seriously?
    Easier than trying to claim fluff for rules.
    To prove your point show where any of the units mentioned have the special rule 'Retinue', or even rules that mirror the Retinue rules like the 'Nid Codex.
    Yes , the rule exists in the BRB, but it does not in the Necron or SM Codex.
    Without that you are just making things up.

It's also worth pointing out that in the blue book ERRATA, they actually remove the word "retinue" from the description of Command Squads and Honor Guard on page 103, and replace it with "an extra HQ unit". S'not a retinue brah.

Also, the Eldar FAQ makes it clear that the Farseer and his "extra HQ unit" of warlocks are two separate units and not a retinue. Admittedly, an FAQ from a different codex isn't always 100% applicable, but there is no substantive difference between the rules for a Warlock squad vs a Command Squad: "For each Farseer in the army, you may include a squad of 3-10 warlocks... This unit and the Farseer are a single HQ choice." and "You may take one Command squad for every Space Marine Captain... This unit does not count against your HQ allowance."

Librarian

Oh, good catch Archon.
    Well, even the fluff is gone now, I think we can nail this shut....(as long as Tynskel doesn't join in....heh)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleDV8 View Post
    Oh, good catch Archon.
    Well, even the fluff is gone now, I think we can nail this shut....(as long as Tynskel doesn't join in....heh)
    Hey,
    I still stand by my words: the Tyrant Guard act as a retinue, *IF* you join the tyrant to the guard brood.

Hugs, Kisses, and Love.

-Tynskel

Librarian

HA!...Yeah I bought that up back in post #60 something.
    Thats a good example of the kind of rules you need for it to be a real 'retinue'.

Default let's go to the FAQ

I think the Lord/Cryptek can get back up when their squad is wiped out because of this

[url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2170012a_Necron_FAQ_Version_2_0_January_2012.pdf[/url].

Last paragraph of page one.

I have not seen this mentioned here so I thought I would post it link it ( hope we are allowed to do that on this site)
    If this is not legit I appoligize, but EL would make no sense unless it worked that way (They should be able to get back up by them selves)

Good heated debate however.

Cheers
    Zeus

Chaplain

So, I played two 20 man warrior, Overlord (war, MindS, SepW, Phaeron, res orb) with transmogrification and Storm Cryptek with Seismic Crucible and Lightning Field.

The Lightning Field is awesome. Destroying guys before they can attack is great. Seismic crucible is still not awesome. Thought, I did setup bad, had I place more guys in terrain it may have helped more. Also sucked that my opponent rolled really well with mindshackle scarabs, didn't get one chance to have my opponent kill themselves.

Voltaic staves are just plain sick. Especially when you fire 40 gauss shots at a vehicle and finish off with 4 more glaces. I glanced a vehicle to death, woot!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910