BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New army idea

Veteran-Sergeant

Default New army idea

I am looking to do a short range in your face shooting army. Any suggestions as to what the best army would be for this type of fighting? No necrons please.

Librarian

Depends on what " in your face short range means"

If you mean rapid fire goodness then any marine army. Before their crappy codex fix, I would have said Sisters. If you would like some good assault element with this in your face approach, I'd pick Space Wolves. Or Chaos Marines for the fact you CAN have more than 10 bodies in a squad.

Shas'o

A wolf guard army would be pretty good for this style of play.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Chaplain

I play a Death Korp of Kreig army list like that, I could post it if you want me to.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Chapter-Master

Dark Eldar.

Yes their frailty means they can't get away with it as easily as other choices, but with the best anti-foot people gun in the game (kill everything from a marine to a wraithlord on a 4+), the means to get in your face short range quickly and finally being no slouch in an inevitable counter assault they can perform the role well
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Any army with a proliferation of Rapid Fire weapons and transports can be played as an 'in your face shooting army'. Since that includes just about every army in the game, take your pick.

Even the Tau can do it. That's what the Fish of Fury is all about.

As for how effective any given army is, that's really up to the terrain, the enemy, and the general (aka you).

Even a Pink Horror Daemonbomb army can work, with enough skill and a little luck.

Librarian

Another option for an "in your face shooty army" are the Tyranids, most of their guns are 12 or 18 inches (with devourers having a LOT of shots) and in assault they just are awesome. That and they are fun to paint and are so different than other armies looks wise and play wise.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Librarian

Pfft, Grey Knights hands down are the masters of short range , high ROF weapons.

Salamanders are a good choice too with Drop Pods, Sternguard, and Vulkan to twin link weapons.

I'd agree with Shadoq. Nothing says "in your face shooting" like a Drop Pod Salamanders army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast