BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Gendoikari87, my point is that you need something ejected from the end of the ship, you could use hydrogen ions, but you wouldn't have them attached to water as that is a waste of space and weight.
    Except, for wormholes.... and real warp drives (spacetime inflation)
    Last edited by gendoikari87; 02-06-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Also, it's all clearly powered by magic, thats why the tech magi chant spells etc...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Except, for wormholes.... and real warp drives (spacetime inflation)
    I'm just talking about the normal propulsion system here where a force is enacted on an object, small particles, resulting in an equal and opposite force which pushes the ship forward, for the rest I accept any explanation.

I agree it is a good quote, I was just poking fun at their attempt to put some chemistry which was quite wrong in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Gendoikari87, my point is that you need something ejected from the end of the ship, you could use hydrogen ions, but you wouldn't have them attached to water as that is a waste of space and weight.
    What if you then used the oxygen to replenish air on the ship? Of course, it's still probably less efficient than just keeping the hydrogen and oxygen separate in pressurised tanks...

Brother-Captain

Isn't it better since water is chemically bonded as one Hydronium ion and one Hydroxide ion, in H-OH after reactions that the proper name would be hydrogen hydroxide? or even hydronium hydroxide...

Sorry to add fuel to the fire (get it... water as the fuel to the fire... ...

ack, nevermind...)

While the chemistry is over my head. Still an entertaining read. I thought the most telling thing was actually the cost of the paint. Rink about the paint being roughly equivalent to the operating costs of the ship for two months... That's one big ship. Interesting perspective on scale anyhow.

Chapter-Master

Nah they're just using REALLY small brushes...

Replacement brushes for the emperors paint (000 size) 2.4 imperials.

Either that or the emperor only sanctions the use of citidel paints, would explain the cost lol

Sprugly

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    lol

REALLY old white dwarf?
    don't say old, it makes me feel old

on topic, i do like that article, still got it in both white dwarf and chapter approved form.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    don't say old, it makes me feel old

on topic, i do like that article, still got it in both white dwarf and chapter approved form.
    It pained me to write it....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast