BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I was happy to see they finally reprinted this game, sad to see that it was limited edition. I pre ordered 2 sets the day they anounced it on the gw site. I think the hype was complete warrented considering the quality of everything in the box.

I played the 1st edition back in the day with my son. By comparison the quality/sculps of 1st ed is laughable.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Ive brought my entire 1500pt space marine army from Ebay for less then £50. All are brand new, unpainted, unassembled. There are 4 metal character models in that lot too. By buying shrewdly and being on Ebay at off peak times Ive managed to assemble an entire ARMY for the cost of that box!

Quit telling me its value for money, cause it just ain't.
    Someone had to buy that army brand new at some point. I'm sure they'd probably think so.

Battle-Brother

I have purchased my new space hulk box today and have to say: It's beautiful.

Everything in the box has met my expectations. The Terminators are simply jaw-dropping. Makes me excited to see just what is in store for the future of the Blood Angels.

I'll be playing my first game of space hulk on Saturday. Going to try and start painting on some of these models ASAP. REALLY looking forwards to painting them.

More later, but in closing, let me say:

Kudos GW. Nicely done, nicely done.

-Red__Thirst-

So far this weekend I've worked my way through the first 6 missions. I love the mechanics that really lend themselves to the feel of the game. Some of the missions are really tense and have come done to the last dice roll.

One game of Mission III: Exterminate had only the marine with an assault cannon left with two shots remaining and one 'stealer blip. Blip reveals as a single 'stealer and comes around the corner at the marine. First over watch shot misses, leaving only a single shot remaining. If triples are rolled the assault cannon explodes killing the marine. The 'stealer moves into the square in front of the marine ready to tear him to shreds and the final shot comes up 5,5, and last dice almost rolls to a 5 but settles on 3. 'stealer gets greased and it's easy to imagine the marine standing there with the smoking assault cannon with the ammo counter reading 000, but listening to silence of empty corridors.

Needless to say its a fun game.

i quite enjoy this game

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456