BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

At 1750 I take four with my Tau and feel naked with fewer. I think four is a minimum. Maybe 3 if they're resilient like a big boy mob or Plague Marines.

I usually take as much troops as I need for my battle plan because of their abilities other than score. with tyranids usually all 6 because 2*8 gaunts are more usefull than 1*16 and so I spread them around.

with guards it about the same. a platton consisting of a comissar lead mob, a command squad and a mortar squad as well as 2-3 veteran squads in chimaeras.

i play witch hunters these days so troops with imagifiers are always good for faithpoints so i usually take about 4 squads of ten when foot slogging so theres plenty for objectives with enough seraphim (3 ten man squads) to zip round pissing everything else off whilst the bigger guns do their job

but it all depends on the game i wouldn't say it's set in stone i'll mix it up just for ****s and giggles

I run 3 Tactical Squads in Rhinos with flamers and missile launchers (I see no need for too much in the way of upgrades) and either a full scout squad with sniper rifles or 2 squads of 5 with ccws and bolt pistols. If I can take every objective in an average objective based mission (avg. for that D3+2 objective game I can't remember the name of is 4 objectives if I use theoryhammer and ingnore chaos theory entirely) without combat squadding then I'm happy

My main army is deathwing, so...er 5 troops in 1750pts.

Also have an eldar army in which i run 4 troops
    Last edited by Warfare; 09-08-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

I take three tactical squads in 1500 to 1850 point games. Two in Rhinos and one in a Drop Pod. That way I have some mobility and reactionary objective taker.

In my wolves, barest minimum 3, more likely 5.... and in larger games as many as the FOC will allow.

In 1500 points its normally 2 units of 10 Grey Hunters in Rhinos, 1 unit of 10 Grey Hunters on foot, and 1 unit of 15 Blood claws on foot.

Chaplain

I usually take 3-4 Troop-Choices @ 1500 till 1850 pts.

EC: 2 Assault units w/rhinos, 1 Shooty unit, 1 Deamon unit

IW: tow big units for the assault-role, one bit unit without a vehicle for defense

Tau: 1 mech unit in a forward role, 1 stationary unit und 2 units of Kroot

DE: 2 x warriors on foot, 2 x warriors on reaver

Scout

about 6 years ago, I started using a drop pod Space Wolf list with my HQ and retinue, and the rest were Grey Hunters.
    Then a few years ago, I switched over to Blood Angels. If I took a drop pod list, I maxed out on tac squads.
    My Chaos list is troop heavy, with 2 squads of Berserkers, 3 squads of Death Guard and a squad of 1k Sons.
    Orks, I take 1 unit 'ard boyz, 1 unit choppa boyz, 3 squads shoota boyz, and a unit of gretchin

5th Company Ultra's i field a min of 4 troops. 1 scout sniper squad 3 tac squads armed to suit who im facing and mounted in Rhinos. That way i can go for objectives and have back up just in case

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast