10 9.43%
  • 20% defective

17 16.04%
  • 0% defective

43 40.57%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by celestialatc View Post
    I put 0%. I have gotten a bunch of eldar stuff and all of it has been fine.

BTW I have never noticed until isotope99 posted a picture but fire dragons have a sweet behind!
    These are not defects. Mine would be at 10% but it doesn't exist.

www.queencityguard.com

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    These are not defects. Mine would be at 10% but it doesn't exist.
    Just do 20% then.

Of the three Finecast models I've purchased (Huron Blackheart, Commander Dante, Emperor's Champion), I've had a defect rate of 0%. All three were perfect and bubble-free (save for maybe a small bubble on the bottom of the Champion's tabard, but it's almost unnoticeable).

I know it's not a perfect product by any means, but I've had good luck with it.

Veteran-Sergeant

So, even though this is only a very small sample space (actually it would be interesting to know just how many people are estimated to be in the hobby overall) that almost 50% are saying that they have had no defects and most fall in the 0-30% range. Do we think this would indicate success or not, should the product be perfect or do we have to accept that some models have to be returned and if so what percentage?

Keep voting the more who vote the better as the bigger the sample is the more indicative the poll will be.

Chaplain

My finecast issues-

Prezzie for me- an Abaddon. ridiculous bubbling. Returned it to GW. Swapped it for-
    Kaldor Draigo (for a NMM paintin project- I dont run Grey Knights). Went through local GW stores stock of Grey Knight blisters and couldn't find any non defective so had to settle for the least defective (bent sword with tip missing, bubbles in shield and a few other random places.

On the other hand Forgeworld have been problem free for me for a long time. It took them years to get it right, but they seem to be priced the same as finecast, so where I can I will buy FW over GW.

Brother-Sergeant

I have only bought 1 finecast model. It was Huron and it had no defects.

Chaplain

Only issue I've had so far is my Succubus came without a chin, this was easily fixed with a head swap that I was planning to do anyways and one of my Incubi is missing a foot but as I run them with my archon I only need 4 so that's no biggy either and the Kabalite foot I replaced it with looks fine. So I went for 0% as having played with a metal army for 7 years I've had alot more issues with metal...DAMN EXORCIST!!! (fist shaking with rage.)
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Chapter-Master

Lets see...

10 wracks
    3 grotesques
    2 ur ghuls
    1 medusa
    2 farseers
    5 warlocks
    5 pathfinders

and so far 1 grotesque had a tiny bubble umder his arm that you cant see when hes put together
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

only 14.29% of my finecast have been defective (1 of 7 models), the chaos Raptors and Zoanthrope were perfect, the lord of change however has a small defect on his left shoulder just under the wing. the cloth and chain that goes around his neck was missing but it was a very minor greenstuff job. (image attched)

i did tell the manager at my store about it and he said he would have replaced it for me but it was so minor i didn't see the point (it would be covered by the wing anyway).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10968.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	1672  
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    So, even though this is only a very small sample space (actually it would be interesting to know just how many people are estimated to be in the hobby overall) that almost 50% are saying that they have had no defects and most fall in the 0-30% range. Do we think this would indicate success or not, should the product be perfect or do we have to accept that some models have to be returned and if so what percentage?

Keep voting the more who vote the better as the bigger the sample is the more indicative the poll will be.
    It depends on what you mean by 'perfect'. Plastic models usually come with mould lines that need cleaning up but no one complains about them. I'd say that isn't perfect, so by that logic no model GW produces is perfect, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for most people.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast