BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Star Child, Illuminati, and the Sensei ???

I was told by a GW Black Shirt that the Sensei ( children born of the Emperor's Loins), had been written out of the 40K Fluff, but other like Malcador, who everyone back in 1st and 2nd edition believed was one of the Emperor's favourite Sensei is still in the Fluff.

I had planned to build a whole counts as Grey Knights, Chapter of Gene splice (by Fabius Bile) Word Bearer/Sensei Hybrids, equipped with reverse engineered Grey Knight weaponry (they have 2 dark Mechanicum Words that owe allegiance to them in the Eye of terror).

Well the story seemed fool proof, and easily a great backgroud story for when I finally get around to building and painting them for competitions.

Does anyone know if the Sensei are still in the 40K Fluff?
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Occuli Imperator

The only thing I could think of was
    [url]http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind#The_Star_Child[/url]
    which points out what you were saying but doesn't add to it. Though I seem to recall some of this being told in some of the HH books

Librarian

We´ll have to see if in 6th Edition we will get acknowledge about if the background gets any advance
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

In a sense the retconning of Grey Knights so that now they use the emperor's Geneseed makes them Sensei, which also ties in with the Terminus decree.
    BTW anyone check out the BL blog Q&A with the HH authors
    I quote (sort of) "The Emperor exists simultaneously in the Warp and the material universe"

That's a major admission there, that's never been explicitly said before, and contradicts the one major fiction piece from the Emp's POV (the one in white dwarf where they tell the whole attack on Horus, and the Emp thinks of how his foresight fails beyond this point)

They don't really talk about it. It wasn't denied, just ignored till it goes away I think. The onlly thing I can think of is a mention in one of the newer books that the worship of the star-child was false and put down. That isn't however saying that it isn't true, but all old fluff like that must be taken with a grain of salt

It's not been retconned or denied. Also technically the grey knights are not sensei just as the primarchs aren't. Run with it if you want. All things said and done it works. But I don't see word bearers wanting emperor genes.