BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Impressive detailing. How do you get that level of detail? paints? Ink pens? Both?
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

This model needs more skulls

Very cool, how did you do them? Did you paint the outline/shading of the skulls on a bone background, or did you paint each skull individually?

Very nice work. That is one of my favorite chaos models and you've certainly done it justice.

Veteran-Sergeant

nice paint job.

First of all a caveat, this is a thousand times better than anything I've achieved. I just think that some skulls need to be darker to give more depth, it is amazing work but just looks a little too cartoony for my taste. Of course as a commission it might be exactly what the client wanted.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cheexsta View Post
    This model needs more skulls

Very cool, how did you do them? Did you paint the outline/shading of the skulls on a bone background, or did you paint each skull individually?
    Ok, I base coated the whole thing first (in a sort of greenish color). Secondly, I went in and painted the general shapes of the skulls, and highlighting in lighter colors (mix the base greenish grey with a blue off-white).

Last of all, I went in with the black to distinguish one skull from the next one. I used a similar approach on all of the freehand you see here (all of it has a black outline to it). Using black outlines can give a mini both a more crisp look, but also a more comic book look to them.

If you'd like to mitigate this effect, try using dark colors that are not black. The crispness won't be quite as strong as with the black, but the minis won't have the "comic book" look.

www.GardenNinja.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12