BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The thing is that the Plasma Hatchers dragon egg things(what ever you want to call them they seem to be branded differently) aren't that cheap. In the UK there selling them in home and bargains (a discount shop but not a full pound/dollar store) for about £8 ($11) a go. OK it cheap compared to any GW but lack of quality is really off putting. You would really think that there was a better alternative out there. Some main line toy company must do some alien seed pod.

I got mine from Poundstretcher for £2.99, but that was a sale price so maybe I was lucky but I think with these types of shops they eventually slash the price, or send the stock elsewhere so you could get them cheaper, eventually.

[url]http://hivefleetcharybdis.blogspot.com/2011/11/mycetic-sport.html[/url]

Somebody (it was me) wrote a whole article about a cheap Mycetic Spore to make. I made three of them an have been really happy with it though. In addition, they were dirt cheap.

My later spores have round bases, I just cut round bases with 6" diameter from plasticard.
    Last edited by nacnudllah; 03-06-2012 at 07:03 AM.

We used large hollow easter eggs from Michaels:

"Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

I would definitely go cheap on these. Because if GW ever gets around to releasing a mini for them, you will probably wind up replacing them.

I vaguely recall someone using cut up tennis balls with some green stuff tentacles.

I used a CD and a tennis ball with the bottom cut off - it works for me.

I ended up using a bright orange hollow rubbery childs toy with tentacles and putting a styrene egg inside it. Next to that, people barely even notice the squad coming out of it.

Chaplain

I've just started making a spore because of this thread, just as i promised myself i would work on my chaos... *shakes fist*

anyway, i've started mine off with an easter egg that i bought for a £1, wrapped it in cling film and started layering on Art Roc (a "plaster and resin impregnated bandgae") to get the basic shape. the cling film is there just to protect the chocolate (so the water/resin does go through the foil)

then i'll be using milliput and green stuff to add tentacles other details before casting it in resin and mounting it on a oval base (any smaller and a carnifex wouldn't be able to fit in it.)
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast