BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ozybonza View Post
    No group ruins 40K for any other group - this niche hobby really isn't big enough to warrant warring factions of hobbyists vs. gamers. There are jerks in both camps.
    I would say the "Jerk" sub-group does, but they do for every group they attach themselves to. We just have to identify them and preclude them from the group before they become a problem.
    Last edited by Charistoph; 03-07-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

I remember getting yelled out for spraying deodorant on myself in my FLGS. (I'm not overweight, but am always worried about hygiene lol).

Quote Originally Posted by house_cawdor View Post
    I remember getting yelled out for spraying deodorant on myself in my FLGS. (I'm not overweight, but am always worried about hygiene lol).
    They were just scared they might get some on them and smell semi normal!
    Wars will come and go but Honor lives forever!

I thought our local shop didn't smell so bad this week - we must have finally cast Sludge out of this country and you wound up with him.

Having been in your position before, especially the being in the military part, it's a bit annoying that you cannot handle the situation like other people might have or like you might have desired - you can't tell him to get the hell out of your face and out of your personal space, because the gods know if you come across as too rude and he gets a hare up his rear he can cause you no end of trouble with calling in to your command.

Why is there always a smelly in every shop? Lol

Seriously, its your hobby, do with it as you will. Whoever buys models still helps out the game.

Have you tried the game though. It's really rather fun!

Sprugly

Man just ingnore that guy. I mean, WTF! Yeah dont let that get you down you are not runing anything. If anything you are making people happy by painting models to sell.

~m

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sprugly View Post
    Why is there always a smelly in every shop? Lol
    Sprugly
    I really can't wrap my brain around this one. This hobby seems to have more-than-an-average share of rank *******s. Fair amount of halitosis too. Why is this? Is it the general lack of women in the hobby? Or the relatively high number of single straight dudes who play? Females have a pretty low level of tolerance for reekiness in my experience.

Librarian

That word is blocked here? How do we talk about Mike Meyers' calorically-challenged Scottish character?

Brother-Sergeant

I hope you have been assured of the fact that this neckbeard was not and never will be representative of any wargaming community, except perhaps he is an accurate visual metaphor for the vocal minority.

Loud, inflated beyond reason, self-important, and making a stink about every little thing.

...I'll just go stand in a corner now.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kataklysm View Post
    So on my last trip to my local FLGS, I was browsing around the 40k section and eyeing the necrons when a dreaded neck-beard approaches me. Now let me paint you a picture. I am 6'6 inches tall and am curently in the army. I am not the average looking hobby enthusiest. This guy was about 5'4, on the wrong side of 30 and smelled like he hadn't bathed in a week. To top all of this off he stands close enough to me to be sharing my jacket. Now i try to ignore it and grab two boxes of necron destroyers. NOTE: I am NOT a player, only a hobbyist). As I am desperately trying to find away around this guy to get to the register, he turns, looks up at me and hacks up the word "broke". As a non-gamer, i actually pause and question his phlematic statement. "excuse me?" I say. (In my mind i am thinking that these models are broken and am about to exchange the boxes for some other ones). But no, he starts rattling off AP this and Stregnth that, something about weapon skill and so on.. I kind of go blank in the eyes and tell him that "I am not a gamer, I just like the necron models and am painting them to sell". Instead of stopping his saliva soaked sputtering (heh), he begins lecturing me about how people like me ruin the game for people like him. Now I am getting a little irate. So i simply ask him "how do you mean? I dont understand" so he gets a little closer to me (i gagged a bit, but hid it well), and tells me my "type" buy up all the models at this particular store and make it "impossible" for gamers to buy units as they need them. After i let him finish that statement i had enough and simply walked to the register, made my purchase and left.

Can someone explain any of this phenomenon to me?! Maybe some tips to make it not happen again?

yours,
    Kataklysm
    To put it simply, he was a C***. Ignore him. And unfortunately you can't prevent it without ever leaving your house again; even then they can always be the ones delivering your mail orders.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast