BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Most of my Dark Eldar army is made up of out of production models. The metal wyches with the crazy hair and tubes running in and out of their bodies, the old plastic warriors, the old spiky raiders. I actually converted four of my older raiders into a sort of "Old-school what-if" venom. It's stupidly simple. Cut the middle out, glue the halves together, cur off the big vane thing on the back and glue the sideways-pointing parts between the round nacelles on the sides so that they serve to create a semblance of the Venom footprint, cut a small opening from the underside of the prow and glue a second splinter cannon onto the underside. I'm glad I didn't spend a lot of money on them, because like every other 40K army I've played in the last five years, they suck.

Either my old metal space wolf standard bearer, or, like warpcrafter, most of my DE. The only new stuff I have are my Mandrakes and Wracks.

Scout

My old Chaplain is still leading my old DC (3rd edition I guess)

Ive got a pile of the original metal guys floating around, got three chaplains, three techmarines, bunch of the scouts, Ill put up a complete list once Ive finished the house move Im halfway in the middle of...

This. I'm also still running my OOP Mk1 Land Raider. However I am in the process of rebuilding it. All my tannks are oop Rhino Chassis. I also use 2nd ed marines.
    Last edited by pathwinder14; 03-07-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by makkeru View Post
    My old Chaplain is still leading my old DC (3rd edition I guess)
    Makkeru, that chaplain is 2nd ed...
    I started playing back in 2nd ed so 3 of my Preds and a Whirlwind are based on the mkI rhino chasis
    But my oldest model is my landspeeder 1st edition, the marines on that are tiny. I don't have a photo of it but here is scan from the catelogue for it
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.

My Belial

Land Raider

Chaplain Biker

Tyranid Prime

Most of my space wolf army started from the big box sets they used to sell in 2nd/3rd.

My sisters are mostly from box sets at the beginning of 3rd/2nd.

All of the sculpts for those are years and years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Makkeru, that chaplain is 2nd ed...
    I started playing back in 2nd ed so 3 of my Preds and a Whirlwind are based on the mkI rhino chasis
    But my oldest model is my landspeeder 1st edition, the marines on that are tiny. I don't have a photo of it but here is scan from the catelogue for it
    Why did I not see this when I posted? Anyway, I've got mine:

These are probably my oldest minis, but I recently painted them.

I have another fifteen or so that I wanted to paint to match, I was planning on converting one to represent Sicarius.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast