BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Why not two plasmas or two fusion blasters? The Tau empire codex does not have the restriction of two weapons counted as twin linked that the first one did. Just pay double the points and have the extra shots rather than re-rolls.
    This is incorrect. All doubled weapons are automatically twin-linked (and discounted).

Otherwise, I'd be rocking the dual plasma rifles all day long.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    This is incorrect. All doubled weapons are automatically twin-linked (and discounted).

Otherwise, I'd be rocking the dual plasma rifles all day long.
    Can you point me to the rule? It's not in the codex or the rule book.
    Please note that I am not writing this with a confrontational tone.
    It's just most people seem to think this but I can't find the proof, only an out of date codex. I'm up for being wrong but can't find the evidence

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Can you point me to the rule? It's not in the codex or the rule book.
    Please note that I am not writing this with a confrontational tone.
    It's just most people seem to think this but I can't find the proof, only an out of date codex. I'm up for being wrong but can't find the evidence
    Happy to oblige:

"Twin-Linked Weapon Systems: Where a weapon system is given two points values, the first is the price for the normal, single-mounted version, and the second is for two weapons (counting as a twin-linked weapon of that type). A single-mounted weapon counts as a single battlesuit weapon system, and a twin-linked weapon counts as two. No model may carry three of the same weapons system."

These seems to modify the above:

"No model can pick the same item twice..."

Both on page 25 of the current Tau Empire codex.

Basically, though it isn't 100% clear, you aren't allowed to take two independent plasma rifles (or whatever) because you aren't allowed to take two of anything. Weapons are an exception, but are automatically twin-linked and discounted.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    "No model can pick the same item twice..."
    Done and done

Chapter-Master

Right, the Tau codex specifically allows you to take a twin-linked weapon by filling two slots with the same weapon, but you can't take two independent weapons of the same type.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

I think I've always just read it as the 'no item twice' applying to the battlesuit wargear list only because of the way it is written.

Muppet

Tau tactics is awesome and tau blog is too. I just started running two two man Hq teams with commander bodyguard, both have twin linked missle pods and plasma with hardwired multitracker. My regular crisis suits have twin linked missle pods and flamers. My Hq teams can help with meq. But can still contribute to long range shooting. My other suits are heated for middle shooting and if it comes down to it a suicidal flame run. Don't forget to use your vehicles as cover.

Great, Thank you all helps a lot!!!!
    Last edited by Burn_Tide; 03-09-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12