BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Lukas the Trickerster is the Bloodclaw upgrade. For 140 points you upgrade one Bloodclaw to this guy. He, and everyone with him cannot use a Leadership of higher than 8. In exchange you get WS and BS 5, a Wolf Claw and his special rules. Doppleganger Cloak, all hits directed at him must be rerolled. and The Last Laugh, he has a temporal bomb wired in place of his second heart, if his primary stop beating the bomb goes off and freezes him and the one who killed him in a stasis field. In game play terms, if you kill him in close combat, when he is removed from play, him and every model in base to base contact with him are removed from play.

Njal is still the most kick butt of all of them tho.

The models are vrey cool. I will be buying the Wolf Gaurd box with the Termie Wolves. Im curious to see if Bjorn the Fel-handed is going to get another model. Njal is a must have, and now I have a reason to buy Logan Grimnar.

This codex and all the art work is great. Pitch perfect for the Wolves, and it should make any future Space Marines excited about the possiblity of a release for thier Chapter. Sort of scares me tho, because rumor says that the Tyranids are next.

Scout

to completely fair im going to play the devils advocate.

I agree with everyone when i say the artwork and the models are absolutely some of the best i've every seen from games work shop.

Rule wise, in my opinion this book is GARBAGE. yes you heard me GARBAGE. Everyone who is saying "i love this book" "i think this is the best thing since sliced bread!" is obviously a space wolf player. I can only question the sanity of Games Workshop for making an army with better troops than chaos for less cost than a NORMAL space marine, making uber generic hq choices for SLIGHTLY more expensive cost than again a normal marine commander, i also again ave to ask for justification for the Long Fangs being far cheaper than before, dont even have to purchase a leader to gain the fire control and can buy lascannons for a little over half the price of a normal space marine devestator squad. These bonuses coming with little to no downside (10 guys in a rhino is SO much of a downside..)

I wont deny that the army is going to power and magnificent, but i feel that the point costs are no where near justfied and i will likely end up boycotting the army after i've had the chance to play against it. There is no reason to play a normal marine anymore as the Space Wolfs (Apparently Gods gift to the game) can do just about everything better and for less points.

Librarian

It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.
    Love, REM.

Scout

I love this codex, and NO I do not play the wolves.
    In fact my most regular opponent heads the wolves.
    I'm looking forward to learning to best them.
    However, as a guilty confession, I may pick them up as a "side" army.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
    to completely fair im going to play the devils advocate.

I agree with everyone when i say the artwork and the models are absolutely some of the best i've every seen from games work shop.

Rule wise, in my opinion this book is GARBAGE. yes you heard me GARBAGE. Everyone who is saying "i love this book" "i think this is the best thing since sliced bread!" is obviously a space wolf player. I can only question the sanity of Games Workshop for making an army with better troops than chaos for less cost than a NORMAL space marine, making uber generic hq choices for SLIGHTLY more expensive cost than again a normal marine commander, i also again ave to ask for justification for the Long Fangs being far cheaper than before, dont even have to purchase a leader to gain the fire control and can buy lascannons for a little over half the price of a normal space marine devestator squad. These bonuses coming with little to no downside (10 guys in a rhino is SO much of a downside..)

I wont deny that the army is going to power and magnificent, but i feel that the point costs are no where near justfied and i will likely end up boycotting the army after i've had the chance to play against it. There is no reason to play a normal marine anymore as the Space Wolfs (Apparently Gods gift to the game) can do just about everything better and for less points.
    I actually have to agree, this book is no doubt going to be the most cheddar of cheeses. What makes me angry is that they are apparently so much better than the normal space marines. I don't understand the logic.

What bothers me is I can foresee a lot of Chaos players deciding to use this book to represent their armies, as well as seeing a lot of marine players using it for their forces.

There is literally no point to using any other Marine codex at this point. This list would more adequately represent many different types of Space Marine chapters. For example...the Wolf Scouts have that behind enemy lines rule...but yet the Raven Guard, reputed for its stealth, has nothing of the sort. I feel that this sort of comparison will really bother many players and if they are anything like me, they will no doubt feel slightest.

I hope you are all ready for a retarded influx of Njal Stormcaller lists...

I guess the main thing that annoys me is that every character in the book is such a pwnfest. GW did a good job all around on this but some of these guys are just so many miles better than their counterparts in other MEQ armies, it is really kind of a slap in the face to the rest of us faithful SM players. What did the Wolves do to deserve this treatment over, say, the Blood Angels? Why is every Space Wolf SC seem the equal of Marneus Calgar and has more useful powers than Ahriman?

I am glad they are so good, I just don't understand why they decided that my marines need a points hike because they can choose to fall back and then they go and give all of these guys such insane stuff for less points. Totally unfair and illogical, in my opinion.

www.evildice40k.com

Chaplain

i read the codex today, it's cool, & fluffy, but completely open to abuse, more so than any other codex. the models (for the most part) look really awesome, but it's some of the rules that kill me . the saga that allows the character additional attacks equal to the # of enemies killed in the previous assault phase is just plain BS. a maxed-attack lord could get 6 A's in the first round (+1 form CA or charge), if they kill 6, they get +6 attacks next round for a total of 11!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hael? you can get more attacks than a daemon weapon and nothing bad happens to you? CREEP. the only thing that could get more attacks than that is a Khorne lord w/ a Bloodfeeder, and look how popular those are...
    and yes, the the wolf nibble power does remove things from play, not ID = carnifex slayer
    but you could take a fenrisian wolf army... and have it flee on turn 2 b/c they're Ld 5.
    in closing, models = good overall, but the rules = atrocious, cheesefest, fromage winner, powergamer domain. i may pick up a sprue or 2 just for the parts, but I'm not playing this, as no one would play me!
    also, i looked at the character page & the Rune priest & wolf priest are nearly identicle (same pose, diff weapons)
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Exclamation

People can complain all day... in the end, this is the book we are getting.

On top of that, all the people who say "What did they do to deserve this".... try waiting through TWO editions of the Game Rules without an update. We have been 11 years in the waiting, I think its about time.

The book is amazing. For once, it really captures the personality of the Wolves with thier rules.

They are supposed to be amazing. As for asking why Wolves are better than the Ultra-Smurfs and thier dopplegangers, its because if you read the fluff, THEY ARE. They always have been. One on one, the Wolves will always win out. (Fine, I can concede the point that they should cost a little more to represent this, personally I would have said 20 pnts, not 15)

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a defensive fanboy.... but I guess in a way I am. Space Wolves players are some of the most loyal to thier army there are, and we have been dragged through the muck for years.

Hell, my army has been turned away from tourneys in the past on the grounds that Games Workshop no longer supported them because the rules were so out of date!

We are the only army to have our models pulled off the shelves BEFORE our re-release was announced. Our codex has been out of print for I think something like 2 or 3 years.

We have finally gotten something, and it is REALLY GOOD.... anyone who doesnt like that can shove it. We deserve this.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Scout

I agree!
    Here is an army that gets no love for too long,
    and fluff-wise it's an amazing army,
    and now all anyone wants to do is cry about it.
    "It is just a big f-off to DA players"
    Termi troops aren't that big of a deal.
    "Its over powered."
    Learn to beat it.
    "The only reason you like it is because you play/will play it."
    I lie it because it is well written, characterful, and chalenging.

I like it because we deserve it.

I like it because for the first time, the rules fit the armies fluff.

I like it because the book is beautifully written.

I like it because the artwork is amazing.

There are a dozen reasons why I like it.

This is an amazing book.
    "The Emperor is with us, His sacred light shields us, and he has sent his wolves to watch over us."

Why oh Why does SOMEONE ALWAYS feel the need to *****, just because it isn't EXACTLY the way THEY want it?....For the love of dice people, give it time. EVERY codex comes out with the same cry of "ZOMG!!! This is too powerful!! It's Beardy!!" PLEASE

It is just new. Just like the guard, orks, daemons, and every other army in the game they feel over-powered until people get used to playing with and against them.

In short STFU with all the negativity and play a couple of fun games with or against them. The key word here is G A M E. If you are so stressed about losing to a new army, learn it and learn it's weaknesses. It's not likely any stronger than any other codex folks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast