BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Pretty sure that most doubles tournaments will not allow IG orders to be used on non-IG units. I am pretty sure that Adepticon does not allow this, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by terminus View Post
    RAW is very simple. You can issue orders to allied units. Orders and allied units aren't THAT awesome that it would "unbalance the game". Grow a pair, people.
    Amen, Bruddah! Amen! At the shop I play at tournaments follow the rules outlined in the book, which allow IG to issue orders to friendly units. Chaos marines with "for Cadia" is a common thing around here. If you can't deal with it you should pack up your dice and go home.

Besides: a lot of orders only benefit certain aspects of the guard... such as FRFSRF only applies to guardsmen's lasguns. That should prevent too much over-kill on one side or another.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by terminus View Post
    RAW is very simple. You can issue orders to allied units. Orders and allied units aren't THAT awesome that it would "unbalance the game". Grow a pair, people.
    I would love this to be the case as I'm hoping to be teaming up with a Guard player for a doubles tourney -

but,

twin linked BS4 lasguns from a Dev Squad or even 4 twin linked Missile launchers doubling up wounds against horde armies would I think ruin a lot of peoples day. I'll be waiting for the Rules pack for the tourney with baited breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nail View Post
    I would love this to be the case as I'm hoping to be teaming up with a Guard player for a doubles tourney -

but,

twin linked BS4 lasguns from a Dev Squad or even 4 twin linked Missile launchers doubling up wounds against horde armies would I think ruin a lot of peoples day. I'll be waiting for the Rules pack for the tourney with baited breath!
    "Bring it down", The order that makes your shots twin linked, only affects shots directed against monsterous creatures or vehicles. If people only read what the IG orders actually do then this would not even be an issue of balance.

Then again... "Run Run Run!, Shrike terminators!

Default Ig faq

The Imperial Guard FAQ is up on the GW site, and it's been clarified: Allies are NOT allowed to receive the benefits of orders. Only non-vehicle units from the IG codex may receive orders.

Scout

The recently released IG FAQ quite clearly states that orders only work on units from the Codex.

Crystalmonkey beat me to it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GMort. View Post
    The recently released IG FAQ quite clearly states that orders only work on units from the Codex.

Crystalmonkey beat me to it, lol.
    Sorry .

Also: while I'm glad they clarified the issue, it seemed kind of silly that allies would receive the benefits of the orders. Why would the sisters receive the same training as an imperial guardsman?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuhustler View Post
    "Bring it down", The order that makes your shots twin linked, only affects shots directed against monsterous creatures or vehicles. If people only read what the IG orders actually do then this would not even be an issue of balance.

Then again... "Run Run Run!, Shrike terminators!
    Apologies but I didn't have codex to hand and was just going off my old infallible memory - but Shrike + Chaplain + Terminators/Assault squad with "Run Run Run" would have made my day!

Glad the FAQ has cleared everything up though

all sorted then

THE END

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast