BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vulkan

Chaplain

I believe there was mention of vulkan being around at the time of the legions being split into chapters, so i think he survived the masacre. If i remember right there was something about him getting carted away to escape after being wounded in the novel so im fairly certain he made it off planet.

Vulkan is going to return when the salamanders finish find the artefacts he left behind if you ask me! Having read the first of the salamander novels too it would be nice to see it have something to do with dakir but thats never gonna happen as it will be a long time before games workshop decides to use all this mysticism theyve built up around the emperor and the end times and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    Just cause they found his dismembered hand doesn't mean that Dorn is dead....he is on Mars having a custom hook made up.
    I think I remember reading that they recovered his whole body, but only engraved his hands as it was a symbol of his chapter. the rest is in a mausoleum.

Well, the plot of the book Salamander deals with the 3rd company of the chapter searching for the primarch with the chapter believing him to have left prometheus AFTER the events of Istvaan and gone into some sort of self-imposed exile or something similar. The Tome of Fire is supposed to include clues as to his location, with artifacts scattered throughout the galaxy which allow those clues to be correctly interpretted.

So no, it seems Vulkan isn't dead.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Templar View Post
    Just cause they found his dismembered hand doesn't mean that Dorn is dead....he is on Mars having a custom hook made up.
    Erm... isnt he a Crimson/Imperial Fist Primarch? If he is then he's probably got the universes biggest Powerfist as a replacement anyway!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12