BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 'Ardboyz

Scout

Wow, that's pretty disappointing. Shame I couldn't ever seem to quite get into the finals, I got 4th in the semi-finals the last two years . Oh well, maybe this will make room for more/better prize support from GW for tournaments with an emphasis on painting and sportsmanship.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Awww, I liked any tournament that I could just show up to and play for free.
    I have to agree. I liked the fact that it gave newbies a chance to play a real tourny without haveing to shell out a lot of cash. They may be unpainted but they are at least trying out. Some people don't have the time to paint a whole army for the tourny. I threw 6 homemade thunderwolves on the field last year. Just those 6 models took me over 6 months to convert and paint because that was all the time I had.

I have a few friends that will be super bummed about this.

I never participated. I don't like WAAC players.

Brother-Captain

That's a pity. While the WAAC kid was annoying it was a great way to meet people, especially if your LGS doesn't do their own tournaments.

Man, that would have been my first tournament... Just started, and the only tourny my FLGS (which focuses more on heroclix) holds every year was the first round of 'Ard Boyz. And I just finished up my IG army for it, too.

Its just like any other Games Workshop driven event, initially it starts out great but over a set amount of time little attention is paid to it, then one day it just randomly stops.

'Ard Boys met the same fate as Mordhiem.

Librarian

It seems to me that 'Ardboyz did nothing to promote the hobby when you think about it. Which is what GW is all about aren't they, getting bodies into the hobby.

Scout

Well that just about sucks. I was just building a new GK army in hopes of playing ard boyz this year....

Aw, no more 'Ard Boy puns.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Shame to see a tournament go, but like others have said, was it the best environment? The only times I've seen it mentioned on sites was usually someone moaning about whoever won.
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast