BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As both a WE and Bret player I am pretty over WFB right now. I really would like to play, but I feel like im playing behind the 8 ball. I know that both armies can win, but its so hard to learn 8th and get beat over and over. It just drives me back to 40k and warmachine.

~,

I think the wood elf range continues to be one of the best that GW has to offer in both Fantasy and 40K. The models are so unique and dynamic!

With heavy cav being not all that this edition, maybe this could see Brets as being the only decent heavy cav army via new tricks in the book?

Quote Originally Posted by mullinstron View Post
    As both a WE and Bret player I am pretty over WFB right now. I really would like to play, but I feel like im playing behind the 8 ball. I know that both armies can win, but its so hard to learn 8th and get beat over and over. It just drives me back to 40k and warmachine.

~,
    I definitely feel you on the WE front. It's a shame some of us can't enjoy the game anymore. I'm pretty torn - on one hand, It'd be nice to be competitive again, on the other, I can't help but feel that any work on the WE army book will make a bunch of our skirmishers into blocks and take away the old feel of the army.

New Warriors of Chaos? I would actually be sad for that, because the new books have been getting stripped of most of their magic items. It would stop the Chosen shenanigans maybe, but I feel that Infernal Gateway will disappear.... My Tzeentch Daemon Prince will never be the same. Yes, I know he's god-awful for the points, but he is fun to run.

I refuse to accept any argument that they are smart with their army book release on the basis that I wait on average 8 years for my new books because I play all non marines. Utter crap
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

What do marines have to do with this? This is warhammer forum and a thread about how the choice of army books in warhammer fits with the meta game. 40k codexes have no relevance to this discussion, please go and moan about this on the 40k forum.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by FTE-Charge!!! View Post
    I refuse to accept any argument that they are smart with their army book release on the basis that I wait on average 8 years for my new books because I play all non marines. Utter crap
    Wrong forum there friend. This is the Fantasy forum. Unless you were being deliberately ironic, as technically, all Fantasy armies aren't Marine armies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123