BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Typhonian View Post
    Seeing the recent plastic Space Marine releases (Sanguinary Guard/Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Grey Knights etc) I'm confident GW can make amazing plastic models packed with many options/extras. Question is, will Chaos get the same treatment as the other releases?

I always thought the "plain" Chaos Space Marines kit looked too bland and generic, lacked detail and the poses were too static.
    Really hope they don't recycle old models apart from good ones like the Chaos Terminator Lord, Defiler, Possessed, Finecast Plague Marines-though I'd like to see new Plague Marines also. And hope Obliterators will get some decent sculpts this time with plenty of options.
    I see no reason they would not. Obviously they sell well... I can't be the only person who bought space wolves kits just so I could use the bits, or sang guard kits just to steal the power weapons, heads, and backpacks...

Also if chaos really are to be the big push, I would expect that there will be several new plastic infantry boxes.

I sure hope they come out w/ new models. I really want to field a viable Tzeench and Nurgle Chaos Space Marine army when the new book comes out.

Most of the newer kits from GW have been really good. Lots of details and interesting poses. I can't wait to see the new options and interesting sculpts that Chaos will get.

Default where

i dont see it

Maybe the finecast models will be replacements, but I would be suprised if the current plastic ones get replaced.

Battle-Brother

I cannot possibly see GW not doing plastic Thousand Sons.

After A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns, the sons of Magnus are a hot property. Look at what Puppetswar is doing with just head bits, for Throne's sake. Imagine GW actually going to town and making a whole kit of something like that.

Thousand Sons are easy. Heck, Death Guard are probably pretty easy, too, though I really wish every one of them didn't look like they had swallowed a pony keg. But the other Chaos Legions...those could be a bit trickier. Word Bearers and Alpha Legion in particular, because there's really not a great deal of clear definition to the visual appearance, and I worry they might get slapped with a generic kit and we get told to add bits as we see appropriate.

World Eaters I really hope get a fresh look that still nods towards tradition. I just think the present figs are dated and bland. For years now, I've been torn between WE, TS, and WB, and have yet to make a decision. I think this new codex and the associated releases might actually make the decision for me.

In the end it probably comes down to manufacturing capabilities, both the quantity GW can pour out plastic / finecast kits, and the amount of sculpter man-hours available.

Yet with the black-librarys horus heresy series, theres no doubt that all the original legions are in high boom. Thus its an ultimate hit or miss to put lots of effort to the traitor legions, since even if you took 4 (the ones that represent the 4 gods) each would still sell a a questionable amount because:

a) Not everyone is interested in CSM
    b) Four times the number of models (armies for each of the gods) to a single codex will split the sales for sure
    c) Those armies are looks are so unique, it would be hard pressed to make multi-part plastic kits that would let you do any of the armies.
    d) Not only chaos armies have gotten the boom out of horus heresy -series. There must be many loyalist that are dying to get stuff for their original legion.

And as we all know, GW doesn't like splitted sales

Making all the trop choices in plastic would certainly seem like logic...

But logic is allways dangerous to hope for.

I play guard, but I am primarily a hobbyist and I live for cool models to paint. And Chaos models are the coolest, IMHO. Anxiously waiting for some juicy new sculpts!

I wonder if it will be a new trend to add little extras like corpses of enemies and other bits and bobs in addition to all the extra options in future releases. That would be really cool as i hate to 'kill off' perfectly good models just to make a really interesting base.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast