BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Battle-Brother

With so much grey knight halberd action and fast dark eldar I tend to go most if not all thunderhammer shields even with blood angels just to help them survive until they go. For a full ten man squad at least 6 hammers if not more are good to soak up those power weapons and low ap shots. Not to mention helping to smack down vehicles and or tough critters.

Brother-Sergeant

I tend to agree with the posters that say TH/SS is the way to go for most army lists. Most of the time when you put them out there they are an instant fire magnet and the SS is the only semi-sure way you're going to let them live long enough to reach close combat and potentially survive the attack.

As always, target priority/choice is also huge. In the end, as long as my opponent focuses a lot of their attention on them letting the rest of my army advance relatively easily to make the killing blow, they've served their Emperor well.

Just take majority TH/SS so you can use majority armor.

I used to run all LC termies with a chaplain in a transport (LRC or Stormraven). However they often would wipe out an enemy in my own assault phase and be left swinging in the breeze during my opponent's turn. They were also vulnerable to assaults by MC. So I now run 2 TH/SS and 3 LC termies with my chaplain. It is still a solid unit but MC's don't scare them anymore.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Ulterior View Post
    Just take majority TH/SS so you can use majority armor.
    I thought the "majority" value was only used for Toughness and the like. If I have 3 models with a 2+ and 1 model with a 4+ save, the 1 model takes his 4+ save if he has a wound allocated to him. Is this not the case?

If I take 20 Slugga Boys and give the Nob 'eavy Armor, then the Nob gets a 4+ but all the boys only have their t-shirt saves (6+). If I have 4 LC Terminators and give the Sergeant a TH/SS, then the Sergeant gets his 3++ but the other Termies are 5++ only.

Is that not right?

Quote Originally Posted by herigonz View Post
    I thought the "majority" value was only used for Toughness and the like. If I have 3 models with a 2+ and 1 model with a 4+ save, the 1 model takes his 4+ save if he has a wound allocated to him. Is this not the case?

If I take 20 Slugga Boys and give the Nob 'eavy Armor, then the Nob gets a 4+ but all the boys only have their t-shirt saves (6+). If I have 4 LC Terminators and give the Sergeant a TH/SS, then the Sergeant gets his 3++ but the other Termies are 5++ only.

Is that not right?
    Yeah you're right, majority is based on toughness. Saves you will have to allocate properly when rolling them out either separate or with colored dice.
    Myself I like to run pure Hammer squads or LC, very rare i wll run a LC squad with the Sarge having hammer/shield. Playing dark angels I get some awesome upgrades, with upgrades I can have my termies with claws have+1 attack with a standard bearer. So it depends on whom I'm fighing short story long, if I have to kill anything not monstrous I go LC with a chaplain for the Litanies. If monstrous or tank heavy I do the same thing with chaplain but hammer/shield. All depends on who you're facing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123