BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chaplain

There are never enough miniatures ... and hey with a army big like 80 K you have the pain of chioce when you go for apocalypse

Got roguhly 25K in my entire collection and this is divided into 5 fractions/armys. But i´m defnitly running out of space for storage.
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Brother-Captain

I don't think it matters how big your army is as long as you feel it's worthwhile for you.

I always aim for a 2000-point balanced list when I start an army...but I often find myself going well over that budget because I desire a bit more options, flexibility, or just some really cool models in that army's range.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
    In terms of the overall size of a collection, it's pretty simple. You're finished collecting when you're finished collecting and it's too big when you think it's too big. I would say that when you have more miniatures than you'll ever reasonably play with or you're literally running out of storage room, you should probably at least look into being rid of some of your stuff. Perhaps you sell some models off or give them to a friend to start them in the hobby. Perhaps you decide that you want to keep your entire collection and then look to alternative ways to store and/or use it. Any of those are valid choices.
    What he said. Personally, when my wife and I moved in together, she had to have a parking space for her car and I had to have a loft for my gaming stuff and miniatures, including the obligatory pile of unpainted stuff which is now so big it probably has its own microclimate. Fortunately we both got what we wanted.

Some armies I have decided to stop at a certain level - my Chaos army has pretty much been at the level of a few warbands since RT and I just use it for skirmish games in 40K - others, like Tau I have given up on and given away or sold, while my Orks and Necrons keep getting added to.

Battle-Brother

Well, I would say it can never be enough. I have the full 1st Company and the Full 3rd Company of Dark Angels. I have enough robed Marines to make two more Companies. I have 64 bikes and 25 Rhino based vehicles, 6 Landraiders and 9 Deadnaughts. Not to mention the assorted marine to swap out heavy weapons and special weapons between squads.
    I have a huge Orc and Night Goblins army( something like 6oo Night Gobbos) and large Chaos and Warriors of Chaos, and Imperial Guard armies.
    If new Dark Angels come out, I'll add to the list!
    Don't Stop...Make a Chapter, Make two Chapters!!!!

Chaplain

Ahhh, i fill so small compared to you all, I have a measly 12,000 points with my 3 armies combined
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Battle-Brother

I think that the really hard thing for me is that I want everything. Rather than having one really big army of x I tend to have bunches of not complete not really playable a, b, c, d, e, f, g, etc.

Not adding much new to the conversation here but I wanted to reiterate, the army is done when you feel done with it. The number of points of models or number of models don't enter into my own thought process. So I am always open to adding new models to old armies and starting new armies if the desire strikes. Just go with how you feel.

I like to own at least one of everything in a dex i enjoy. 3 of something i think is really great. I have about 6k of blood angels and 3k of tau.

The moment it requires credit card debt it has gotten too big. If you're paying interest on miniatures, you're not that bright.

Occuli Imperator

I'll have too many Blood Angels once once I complete the chapter and have additional marines, at that point it might be time to start on a Baal PDF, which unfortunately means that it could be any size as guard armies aren't limited to 1000

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast