BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Battle-Brother

When I worked for GW, if we had an item come back that was messed up, pieces missing and or damaged, We would just replace the whole item and ,most of the time, they got to keep the original item. It always made for good vibes.

I work as a independent retailer,we have to send detailed pictures etc, to confirm that the item in question is actually damaged, then have to destroy the item. (unfortunately). But my customer experience with them has always been good when I actually buy something.

I had some damaged issues on an baal pred when they first released, emailed the company and was asked for my address, bam replaced it. It had damage as well but I was able to make a useable piece of terrain and a complete tank. I liked how nice they were about it, considering it probably cost 6$ for a 45$ wrapped up box.

I was trying to order the metal Harlequin troupe box set right before they switched it to finecast, mentioned that I wish I could only buy the unique models instead of having to buy the box + blisters (that come in 2's which guarantee one will be a duplicate) just to get all the sculpts and fusion blaster models... the guy threw in all the harlequin models, all unique, even though I only ordered the box! GW customer service is top notch!

Battle-Brother
    Northern Quebec, Mistissini (near Chibougamau)

I had my first problem with service today and that is a stretch calling it a problem. I ordered a bunch of new paints then realized that i forgot to get the grey texture. I asked them to add it but it seems they can't. Annoying, and I suggested they update the system to do this, but I was more mad that their system is obviously that poorly designed then the fact they couldnt do it (technophile so low tech crap sets me off from time to time lol). Will add it to my order for the new EMpire book next week so it all works out I suppose. But yeah, other than that I have always gotten basically free stuff when there is a problem, ranging from 1 sprue in a battalion missing replaced by a set to missing an arm, get a blister. Once or twice I only got the part I needed but since it was as simple as saying io need it and then a week later I get it how can I complain.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dvorn View Post
    I work as a independent retailer,we have to send detailed pictures etc, to confirm that the item in question is actually damaged, then have to destroy the item. (unfortunately). But my customer experience with them has always been good when I actually buy something.
    Odd, I also work in an Independent and a phone call or a brief blurb with a few pictures on the tail-end of an order email has generally done the trick. They tend to send whole new boxes, and I've never been instructed to destroy the original product. I'll usually just give it back to the customer along with the replacement.

I'm in Canada, you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234