BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Well this does tie in with a rumour I heard from a "good" source, but I don't want to say who in case he wasn't supposed to say anything.

Essentially though there are big changes coming 40K wise, and a couple of releases have been held back for just such an event.

I would have said next year was more likely, but then again this year is just as possible.

Marines should be getting a flyer this year, Chaos should be getting a Locust equivalent and tau should get something next year.

I hadn't heard about Orks, but I would be very surprised if they didn't get something too.

Chapter-Master

A delayed event would explain all the talk about the summer of flyers.

Hopefully the new SM flyer is better than the Storm Raven, of which I'm not a fan. Or, hopefully, the rules are tweaked to make flyers a bit better.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

i bet the eldar will easily have a flier in their next codex.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Chapter-Master

I wonder if the "Storm Bird" might not have been a *******ization of what would eventually become the Stormraven, as the Stormraven is a smaller Thunder Hawk. That said, even though I play Blood Angels, I'd have no problem with Codex Marines getting a flying tank.

Personally, I want to know what kind of giant awesome flier the Tau are going to get...

For one I'm excited about this but wont hold my breath. What I hope this could do is add more dimension and diverse play.

As far as aesthetics one can hope the new aircraft for the space marries does not that the aerodynamics of a brick. The stormraven I believe was a design failure on everything except making it look like a thunderhawk. My friends have joking called the thing the 'guppy' as it looks more like a fat bellied fish with wings than a flying ship.

And once again it is good to hear that the void raven is on its way, but I wont hold my breath.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    You are thinking of the Stormbird.
    I thought a Stormbird was a HH era transport craft a bit bigger than a Thunderhawk. That's how I read them in the HH books as ships the size of cities can hold racks of them.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't have the book with me, but in "The Thousand Sons" Ahriman flys around in something before he goes all chaos wacko. It seemed to hold about a squad of guys. I can't remember the name though, Storm Hawk? Rain Falcon? Sleet Sparrow? Mist Finch? Fog Budgie? Anyone help me out?

R

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    Storm Hawk? Rain Falcon? Sleet Sparrow? Mist Finch? Fog Budgie? Anyone help me out?

R
    Windy Booby.

Chapter-Master

Tornado Ostrich

Sandstorm Albatross

Gusty Dodo

Drizzling Eagle

I like this game

Also I'm gonna be a bit snobbish and say I don't like every race getting a cheap, plastic flier.I like the little elitism i get from having a FW airforce when no one else does

If everyone gets plastic Nightwings, my airforce is just a expensive version of what everyone else has
    Last edited by DrLove42; 03-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by robrodgers46 View Post
    I don't have the book with me, but in "The Thousand Sons" Ahriman flys around in something before he goes all chaos wacko. It seemed to hold about a squad of guys. I can't remember the name though, Storm Hawk? Rain Falcon? Sleet Sparrow? Mist Finch? Fog Budgie? Anyone help me out?

R
    I think it was a modified Stormbird called "Scarab Prime".
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast