BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default cool

that good i am glade to see that they are doing something

Well, I got the email announcing it a while ago. Lets see what happens.

i saw the model and immediately wanted two then i saw the price and i wanted one

It looks better than the blasted stormraven.

Veteran-Sergeant

This looks so much better than a Storm Raven. I hope BA/GK don't get these. It would be sweet if it was SM only.

Scout

I guess I'm in the minority. I like the stormraven, and I think this model is kind of cobbled together. Just seems like a bunch of different parts that don't balance well together. To each his own I guess, but my impression is "Meh."

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MaxKool View Post
    Oh god yes

I could actualy use my black tide again... sorta... hehehe
    Toss a few 20man crusaders in a couple of these, with the tac termies n the dual vindis on the ground.

I wanna bust them out now, miss my templars been playing DE for a while now..

Lots of fun
    Same here!

Scout

I think it's an ealry April Fools joke. The price is off (its round, unlike most of the others prices FW has) and it has too much Stormraven-ish parts.

Veteran-Sergeant

damn... just when i was thinking of adding a stormraven to my army list they show me this sexy beast....

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Azaghal View Post
    I think it's an ealry April Fools joke. The price is off (its round, unlike most of the others prices FW has) and it has too much Stormraven-ish parts.
    *head-desk*

Seriously, between this and the GK costume, I can't understand what standards people are using to judge whether or not something is 'fake'.

It's a plastic and resin kit. It uses plastic parts from the Stormraven sprue, I think it's safe to say.
    Saying it has too much in common with the Stormraven is like saying the Predator has too much in common with the Rhino, so it looks like a fraud. Or that the Hammerhead has too much in common with the Devilfish. Or that the Hellhound has too much in common with the Chimera. Or that the Fire Prism is 'just a Wave Serpent with some extra bits'.

April Fools jokes done by companies are always obvious, with a punchline involved. Like the How to Roll Citadel Dice book GW put up last year. It was an obvious fake.

What about this screams 'fake' or 'joke' to people? I just don't get it. Never mind that they announced it before, you know, April 1st.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast