BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Red face A small preview of my Valkyrie

Just a tiny preview of the internal superstructure of my Valkyrie. If you want i can keep you posted / updated with my progress on this model? To create the oil stains I first painted black, then brown lines and then used Army Painter Shader/ dip medium and brushed it on, then wiped it off after about 3 to 5 minutes. Bewarned though Army Painter shader or dip is very sticky....I hope in the mean time you like what you see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0288.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1903   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	1904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	1905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	1906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	1907  

Brother-Captain

Good stuff mate.Yeah, the applying of sludge and then wiping it off is highly underrated. It's how I achieve the easiest and best bronze look. Paint bronze, apply Vallejo's smokey ink (which is always kinda thick), and then rub it off with my thumb.
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Good stuff mate.Yeah, the applying of sludge and then wiping it off is highly underrated. It's how I achieve the easiest and best bronze look. Paint bronze, apply Vallejo's smokey ink (which is always kinda thick), and then rub it off with my thumb.
    Thank you Meph for the kind comment(s). Do you play historical as well? Because that is a neat way for Bronze helmets for Ancient armies such as Greek, Macedonian etc.

Battle-Brother

I love it. Yes keep me posted on your progress. I love the detail.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DadExtraordinaire View Post
    Thank you Meph for the kind comment(s). Do you play historical as well? Because that is a neat way for Bronze helmets for Ancient armies such as Greek, Macedonian etc.
    I haven't painted anything historic for many a year I'm afraid, mainly sci)fi and fantasy. Oh, and a decoration on friends' toilet door. ^^
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

I do like the look of the interior; done any more work on it lately? I have 3 valks that are about 75% done, just need to finish painting them,,,,

Librarian

Very nicely painted, though I have never been much for painting on the sprue myself, I have found there are just too many weird sprues. I will sometimes paint pieces seperate, but usually that is off the sprue myself. Looks awesome.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice interior. I did both of my Vend/Valk = lots of work with no real payoff. How often is someone going to see the interior?