BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by planet psyrum View Post
    I really like this community you have here. I would hate that the reaction to this contest will just drive vets and noobs(myself) farther apart. I mean who else is going to table me and still make the game an enjoyable informative experience, than the vets.
    I'm sorry if that's what my initial post indicated; that's not remotely my intent. Folks like you that 'discovered' the forum through the contest, but continue to post and posted thoughtful comments are encouraged. I welcome them with open arms.

I PROBABLY wouldn't have even posted if the winner had 20+ posts or so. But when I saw that he stopped posting EXACTLY at 10...well, I had to chime in.

Please don't mistake those of us with higher post counts as being xenophobic or unwelcoming; contrarily, I think this is the most welcoming 40k community (in particular) on the net. It is so much less unpleasant than some of the other crap shoots. We just want our new posters to be here to add to the community and not to simply enter their name in a drawing.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    I'm sorry if that's what my initial post indicated; that's not remotely my intent. Folks like you that 'discovered' the forum through the contest, but continue to post and posted thoughtful comments are encouraged. I welcome them with open arms.

I PROBABLY wouldn't have even posted if the winner had 20+ posts or so. But when I saw that he stopped posting EXACTLY at 10...well, I had to chime in.

Please don't mistake those of us with higher post counts as being xenophobic or unwelcoming; contrarily, I think this is the most welcoming 40k community (in particular) on the net. It is so much less unpleasant than some of the other crap shoots. We just want our new posters to be here to add to the community and not to simply enter their name in a drawing.
    I tend to agree with the above, but then again, my heart wasn't in it since you had "to be on good terms", and I was banned from the blog.

Congrats, sincerely though! My envy may be blinding my better judgement.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

Please don't if we're going to end up with what happened this time.

The fact that this dude won only speaks more to it. Member since 2009. Exactly 10 posts. All in March.

I understand that more registrations in the lounge mean more traffif mean more clickthroughs/views for your advertisers, but if your goal is to actually build a community within the lounge, this is not the way to do it. If you don't care about the community aspect of the forums well... that's a shame, because I think what we've been able to foster here is one of the better hobby forums I've been a part of on the web.

Please don't ruin that.
    agreed! i love bols because of the sence of community and that everyone knows everyone! if i wanted to go to a fourm filled with strangers and a million threads a day id go to warseer.
    -fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

there was a contest?

Chaplain

Not all of us fall under the category of "only ten posts of two to three word comments" xP.

Anyhow, congrats to the winner.

Brother-Sergeant

Congrats!!

Chaplain

I'M CALLING FOR A RE-VOTE!!!!

serious....gratz man!!!

Librarian

Member since 2009. Exactly 10 posts. All in March.
    For real??? How embarassing. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Kind of funny in the end though and I'm glad we got more traffic on the forum.

Veteran-Sergeant

AMIIRC, Mwhn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12