BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Also, you proved my point in the marine horde thread.

So basically, you're trying to throw a weak codex against a tournament ready army that you yourself have described as "...more than capable of dealing with most things whilst being annoying as hell to deal with."?

Give them Space Wolves or a comparable army or don't expect your friends to play much.
    well i hadn't realized i'd come up with the next great tournament list!! Yes it's an interesting and hopefully good list, i have high hope that it will work against the perceived wisdom that foot marines are a no go.
    That being said i did think i'd done to badly with the nids list either. It got some pretty nasty stuff in there with FNP and 4+ cover being handed out.
    So what would i have to do to it to get it up the scratch then. Would adding in 250 or 500pts on to make it more of a equal footing.Unless your just in the mind set that they should be played at all??
    Real don't want to swap them out for another marine army whist i love painting them i've already for three + this one so it time for a xeno force (i do have a small DE force but really can get the hang of them so it not really some thing i plan to pay to expand unlike these two where i've pretty much got all the models i need with a bit of work)
    Last edited by burning crome; 04-10-2012 at 03:31 PM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by burning crome View Post
    i have high hope that it will work against the perceived wisdom that foot marines are a no go.
    Well, "foot marines" and "foot Grey Knights" are two slightly different kettles of fish...
    We Will Strike With The Arms Of Gods
    And Leave Nothing In Our Wake

Quote Originally Posted by The AKH View Post
    Well, "foot marines" and "foot Grey Knights" are two slightly different kettles of fish...
    Indeed. Grey Knights are one of the best foot armies out there. Because they aren't Marines at all basically.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Every keeps saying that GK on foot work really well but i just have'nt seen them played as such apart from a few mess around games. Dose any one have any links to battle reports using them??

well i hadn't realized i'd come up with the next great tournament list!! Yes it's an interesting and hopefully good list, i have high hope that it will work against the perceived wisdom that foot marines are a no go.
    That being said i did think i'd done to badly with the nids list either. It got some pretty nasty stuff in there with FNP and 4+ cover being handed out.
    So what would i have to do to it to get it up the scratch then. Would adding in 250 or 500pts on to make it more of a equal footing.Unless your just in the mind set that they should be played at all??
    Real don't want to swap them out for another marine army whist i love painting them i've already for three + this one so it time for a xeno force (i do have a small DE force but really can get the hang of them so it not really some thing i plan to pay to expand unlike these two where i've pretty much got all the models i need with a bit of work)
    It's not that the army you made is good, it's that it's utilizing all of the absolute best things about GKs while attempting "fluff" and having your opponent use a sub-par codex with some horrible choices.

Let them use a better book and they'll have more fun. Would you like to play tyranids against that GK list? Doubt it.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

well i would end up playing the tyranids more often than not since it easier to write plot lines for and get people involved. I'd have like to have the armys so you could swap with no power leave issuses. What would i be playing the grey knights????

well i would end up playing the tyranids more often than not since it easier to write plot lines for and get people involved. I'd have like to have the armys so you could swap with no power leave issuses. What would i be playing the grey knights????
    I'm assuming you meant "What list or army could I run instead of Grey Knights?" so I'll answer in regards to that. Make them either vanilla marines or give the nids an extra thousand points.

If you're going for real "fluffy hilarity", the mass hoard of nids would fit it well against the small detachment of marines. Make a campaign. But I'm not kidding, if I was told to play nids against that army, and didn't know what I was doing, I'd never play the game again. Make them Blood angels and play them like that.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Make a Kantor Sternguard list.

That is Deathwatch.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Veteran-Sergeant

on of the issues with why your lists are so unballced is the nids realy do better at bigger points (as with more hord armys the entier multaply insted of the add of l33t armys) secondly if you wish to use nids i would sugest going with the ultramaines(man it hurts just saying it) insted of the death watch, it is still an iconic battle of skilled soldiers vs the murderess hord that you were looking for still fairly easy to wright a story line for and it just makes more sence to see 50 of them as opposed to 50 of the deathwatch
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Hi I haven't really given it to much time to this since the last post. I current scrabbling around to see if I can get enough together for sister of battle army which would suit a little better in terms of balance. I still may do the death watch army since I think it will rock! Well I think so anyhow. Anyway that list might get extended to 1850 (another strike squad+ and inq with usual gear) since I found that a new game café has opened up here in Liverpool (well I’ve only just found it) and they seem to go in for quite hard lists so it should fit in and carry over to 6th reasonable well. As to it being unfluff there seems to be nothing in the background to prohibit mass deployment. It’s just unusual which lets face most armies fielded would come under this bracket. There quite a few counts as armies out there that stress the point better than I can do here.
    Back to the point the nids need sprucing up. Maybe taking it up to 1750 or 1850pts and playing only 1500pts lists. And changing some stuff around. I’d love to get the doom in there now.
    As to ultra’s I have got a small force (an abandoned project) of them they were the stern guard list previous mentioned based on the honour guard mins. I just couldn’t get it to work for me it really bugged me at the time. My problem is they just don’t do enough damage and then just got over run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12