BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Vindicator, Predator, or Neither?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vindicator

19 38.00%
  • Predator

28 56.00%
  • Both are Crap!

3 6.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I voted predator, but that is from a competitive point of view. The vindy is a fun unit tho. Now, if you play black templars, then the vindy becomes competititve as well, with POTMS.

http://.skared.podbean.com Twitter: @Skari2 Youtube Channel: Skared Cast

The Pred is better in almost every situation vs tanks because of one reason... with an auto-las pred you can get 4 glancing/penetrating on a target. The Vindi can only ever get 1.

Against infantry either does very well but if you are taking a pred for anti infantry, there is something wrong with your list.

I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I was just wondering because I hardly ever see people using these in their lists anymore. I would probably say this poll is directed more towards vanilla marines but when I posted this it was more of a complete overall thing of all MEQ.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by SaganGree View Post
    Against infantry either does very well but if you are taking a pred for anti infantry, there is something wrong with your list.
    2xTwin-Linked Heavy Bolters + Autocannon are perfect for infantry hunting, it is highly unreliable if you are using it to take out tanks with FA:13 being so prevalent it could only glance! Dakka preds are infact so good at infantry hunting BA replaced the Autocannon turret for a twin-linked assault cannon specially for it!
    Half range melta weaponry are cheaply available and are more effective vs. armour with the rolling 2D6 to pen than a lascannon pred.
    You can't really say you are doing something wrong if you don't know the persons list or how it plays.

Chapter-Master

I vote predator.

They can take more than one weapon destroyed result and still be worth a damn.

Chapter-Master

vindicators as they look amazing (yes i have got the tactics of a bannana in space on a unicicle with a tophat)
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

Really it just comes down to what I am playing. I love my Preds for reliable anti-vehicle. And I love my Vins for anti-infantry.

I started a thread on why I hate predators (especially in the chaos book), so my vote goes to the vindi. One good shot and you can wipe out an entire squad of paladins (No fnp and instant death, jerkwads!)

The AV 14 on the front helps a lot. It also draws a ton of fire away from my rhinos.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Veteran-Sergeant

if i played blood angels i would run 3 vindicators (and some baals if higher points)

in most other MEQ armies probably mostly preds

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    I started a thread on why I hate predators (especially in the chaos book), so my vote goes to the vindi. One good shot and you can wipe out an entire squad of paladins (No fnp and instant death, jerkwads!)

The AV 14 on the front helps a lot. It also draws a ton of fire away from my rhinos.
    The Vindi does not have AV14 on the front...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast