BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Librarian

We trialled a GK list of 1 Librarian (Quickening and Vortex of Doom) and 2x Strike Squads with 1x Psycannon, 1x Hammer and 3x Falchions.

Did unbelievably well against everything but the Ork Deff Dred list (Buzzgob, 3x Deff Dreds with nuthin' but claws, 3 x Killa Kans with Skorchas). The Deff Dred list could only win by killing the enemy - a task it did pretty well at, though it usually lost.

Librarian

I like your style, chrome. But I would scrap the flamers and see about a single melta in each squad, if possible. Or at least placing suppressing the melta out more

Librarian

you can't kill any tanks except by glancing them to death
    Remember that at 500 points, the meta for tanks is significantly different. Most armies can't really afford more than two or three (because that HQ choice normally eats up a big portion of the points). Tank supression + Power Fist (or equivelant) tends to work just as well.

I think for the GK i'd be more temped to go with two full bare bone with phycannons strike squads and then spend the 60pts left over on a Inq lord with a few upgrades.

Ork do 500 points better than most.

Big Mek
    2*5 lootas
    2*16 boys + nob with powerclaw
    2*1 cannon

More win than wow.

Big mek
    2* 10 grots + runtherd
    2* 3 Kans with grotsookas/flamers
    1* 3 bikers one of which is a nob.

More toys no boys.
    Last edited by RFHolloway; 04-13-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Keeper of Secrets
    5 Fiends
    2* 5 man plaguebearers

IG: Some HQ

10 veterans x2, meltas

3 medusas

lulz
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    IG: Some HQ

10 veterans x2, meltas

3 medusas

lulz
    it 500pts so doesn't fit, the Medusa's on their own come to 405pts. If you going to do a alfa strike you would be better off with two manticors (320pts) and to the veterans bare bones and command squad put you 10 over or 5 if you go with a bare bones infantry platoon which nets you five extra body's.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by burning crome View Post
    I think for the GK i'd be more temped to go with two full bare bone with phycannons strike squads and then spend the 60pts left over on a Inq lord with a few upgrades.
    Ordo Xenos Inquisitor,Psykotroke Grenades
    Two full strike squads, psycannon in each.
    One Strike Squad takes Psybolt Ammo

Then you just combat squad each one. This is actually a pretty disgusting combo, and could take on a lot of enemies, including most mechanized forces.

Quote Originally Posted by thecactusman17 View Post
    Ordo Xenos Inquisitor,Psykotroke Grenades
    Two full strike squads, psycannon in each.
    One Strike Squad takes Psybolt Ammo

Then you just combat squad each one. This is actually a pretty disgusting combo, and could take on a lot of enemies, including most mechanized forces.
    Well if you want to be really nasty with the GK codex then you can get inq coteax and six henchmen squads (min three man alycots squads) in phybacks and have the points left over to get three metla (i think it go 3pts over). That 18 TL st 6 shots at 36 range with coteax adding a little bit of disruption with sanctity. I don't thing any thing can stand up to that at this point leave apart form mass 12AV which only the guards can do and only three max (either vallirarys or chimera wall) of coarse you could put the henchmen in chimera of their own as well by dropping the melta's give you still the 18 st 6 but with 18 st5.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast