BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Speak kindly/subtly first; if they're still oblivious, then be blunt. No need to be harsh for the sake of it.

keep a can of Axe body spray (or some cheaper brand/type) and do a D6 Stink Check at some point in the game. whatever you roll, it's always a successful roll for a Stink Check. pass the can over, then when he hands it back spray it on yourself. or spray it on yourself first. laugh about it, add humor. put yourself into the humor bit too, eases the embarrassment for the guy.

Librarian

The store owner at my FLGS bought travel size speed sticks for the rank ones and low and behold they stop stinking his store up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Speak kindly/subtly first; if they're still oblivious, then be blunt. No need to be harsh for the sake of it.
    no one said anything about being harsh. being honest and direct-to-the-point has always been the most effective i've found, because guys just don't work with 'subtle hints'. All I have to do is say 'hey dude? you're pretty heavy on the BO. you really should get that taken care of because it's really curling my hairs here". no one laughs about it because they've all grown up and moved beyond snickering at elementary school stuff.

while the speed stick/deoderant spray/air freshener bit is funny, I find that to be on the passive-agressive side.

Veteran-Sergeant

You could try what I have. A few years ago, there was a chemical incident at work, and I wound up with a lungfull of chlorine gas. It pretty well fried my nose, so my sense of smell is pretty well shot. It does have a few disadvantages, and I don't really recommend it.

It did make Egypt a lot more bearable, though.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

heheh.

well i dunno. For all the humanity-destroying scents i come across, I still enjoy the sense of smell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345