BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sm 1850

Quote Originally Posted by Camael View Post
    So here is what I have learned from lurking and other posts I have seen around the forums and my own thoughts:
    1)The Tactical squads should take razorbacks and meltaguns, combat squad and put the more mobile half in the razor to take objectives/dish pain.
    2) The Scouts need to lose their meltabombs and pick up teleport homers and switch the bolt pistol/combat blade combo for sniper rifles.
    3) Just go for 5 Hammernators

Thoughts please and thanks?
    It's better to give them rhinos and the combat squad if you find the game favors it. It's easy to take out 5 space marines in either shooting or assault. Kill points don't favor the practice and while you can take more objectives by using combat squads you're creating very fragile place holders. Other units can get away with small space marine units a la combat squads (because they either have furious charge and feel no pain (BA), are chaos space marines who have yet to be introduced to fear (SW) or are magicians with machine guns and excalibers (GK) AND they don't need to bring a full table for the complementary dessert - I'm looking at you, 5 man BA assault squad with a melta gun. yep, 5 marines will last longer than 5 guardsmen, 5 dire avengers, 5 termagaunts, 5 firewarriors, etc., but not appreciably longer.
    Last edited by Sure; 04-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Well thanks for all the help! I have re worked it a bit and here's what I've got now:
    HQ:
    Epistolary w/ termie and ss Gate and Null Zone

Troops:
    4 Tac Squads w/ MG ML and Rhino
    2 Scout Squads (5 guys) w/ 4 Snipers, ML and CCs

Elites:
    Hammernators in LR

Heavy:
    2 Dakka Preds

1850 on the nose

On the Librarian: why the Epistolary upgrade with those powers when you run him with hammernators? I don't want to say why to not do it before I hear why you did do it. Fifty points is a lot of little options you could spread out over the list.

Brother-Sergeant

The idea was for him to take away invuls for the power weapons to really do there stuff and gate was more to get them out of a sticky situation (or into one), prarticularyly if the lr gets fragged. does that make sense or should I re distribute the 50 somewhere else? Oh, and he needs a decent invul himself
    Last edited by Camael; 04-26-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Or maybe Vulkan? Or how about a master of the forge?
    Last edited by Camael; 04-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12